62 Impala rustoration: We're going to try and save another one

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
While I'm letting aluminum welds cool, I started prepping the 62 for a frame swap. Mike and I will be moving it to the lift bay where we will pick the body off of the junk frame and set it on the frame that we spliced together. Then back to the current bay where we will start the process of the replacing the quarter panels.
To my surprise, as I was removing the stuck drum on the rear, I noticed something odd
Both rear wheels turn the same direction. This is odd as I don't ever remember checking this rear for a posi. Maybe we knew, but with my memory, it all new to me now. Hope Mike doesn't swipe it on me.
IMG_20210804_111044.jpg

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Meow, cats out of the bag. I will be making a visit to you know who's garage tomorrow,. before a certain item dis--appears . Although I know my buddy would never take advantage of a senior citizen who can't see very well, has bad hearing, and who hobbles around with a cane!!!:D:D

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Meow, cats out of the bag. I will be making a visit to you know who's garage tomorrow,. before a certain item dis--appears . Although I know my buddy would er take advantage of a senior citizen who can't see very well, has bad hearing, and who hobbles around with a cane!!!:D:D
Posi? What posi? I must have been mistaken, it's just an open 3:36 rear. It's if no use to you Mike.:lmao

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Had a couple hours this morning before heading to the fair. So I drilled a few spot welds and plasma cut a little metal. One quarter panel is off. A few more minutes of work and the other will be off. Then more fun making patches before the new quarters can go on. This was in between bumper welding welding. IMG_20210808_103605.jpgIMG_20210808_103554.jpg

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Had a couple hours this morning before heading to the fair. So I drilled a few spot welds and plasma cut a little metal. One quarter panel is off. A few more minutes of work and the other will be off. Then more fun making patches before the new quarters can go on. This was in between bumper welding welding. View attachment 97338View attachment 97339
Are you deep enough yet ????