65 BBC mounting

crossy

A Friend is trying to install an older BB in his 65 Belair i sold him. says the small block frame mounts aren't right. The engine sits wrong in the bay( which way i don't know.) he bought the engine block mounts at NAPA and they said the BBC and SBC were the same number.
All I'm really trying to find out here is whether or not the the BBC uses unique mounts are are they the same as the SBC and just the crossmember positioning is what is goofing him up. I know there are many holes in the crossmember. If everything for the BBC is differnt i sure would like to be able to give him some part numbers. factory, aftermarket, resto supplier ???? thanx, crossy

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would use Anchor motor mount 2285,if the car is a standard tranny use tranny mount Anchor 2378,automatic I think is Anchor 2268.If you can't get Anchor mounts,pretty much all the aftermarket mounts have the same numbers.Also if the car was a 6 cylinder before he did the big block swap,you need to put V/8 perches in.The 6 cyl.perches will not work. John

427belair

parts book shows frame mounts are the same, small and big block, '65/'66.
if he's having problems it's the wrong engine mounts. :doh

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
if the car was a 6 cylinder before he did the big block swap,you need to put V/8 perches in.The 6 cyl.perches will not work. John

As Paint John said, make sure you have the V8 perches in the car. I would guess that's the issue.

Dave