Almost Ready

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
It's getting closer every day. Should be off to the paint shop this weekend, then home. Engine should be home next week sometime also.

245101585.jpg

245101595.jpg

245101620.jpg

245101613.jpg

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Guys. It might possibly be another few days at the chassis shop, but not much longer than that.

I can't wait to get it home and start assembling everything.

Mike, there might be a few more fiberglass pieces to add to the pile, things I couldn't use.

I was puttering around in the garage last night and came across a pair of hood hinges also, complete with springs. The springs may have been replaces with lighter ones, but I can't be sure and I don't know how to tell.

Here is a picture of where I like to be during the summertime.

Attachments

• Pic-3.jpg
    Pic-3.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 67

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
HOLY ****! :eek:

Bet I know what you'll be doing this week :D

Both of us have been busy so no worries on the shipping info when you get time just send it over should be lighting the fire this weekend as well.

Post a sound clip of that bad boy!!

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
If I know me, I'll have a video clip to go along with the sound clip. I could post last years firing up clip just to get me in the mood, not that I really need any inspiration.

I'm trying to find someone that may be traveling in that direction with a TT that might have some extra room.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
:bow WOW! That's a serious looking engine!!!:beerbang
I'll bet your neighbors will love you when you fire that puppy up.:D

No409

Supporting Member 1
Hey Mike,

did you get that car about 3-5 yrs ago? i remember a guy at the tweeter center swapmeet, looking at my turbo regal, and wanted to do a partial tradeon a yellow 60 9 or 10 sec street car. its got to be the same one

then it was probally later on that year on next season, i saw that car at NED and you guys puked a motor.

if its the same car, its one BAD ride!

once my 63 409 car is done, well half to hook up at ned ! i race with CMDR

once again, BAD car!

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I don't know how to describe what I have read and seen on these posts tonight. From Phil's corvette pictures and then his head valve job pictures to this incredible piece of work in Mike"s car. Hell, the"good,bad and the ugly" doesn't even apply here!! Nice motor. I hope to see it run somewhere but I will have to rely on Dick to give me racing schedules.
Robert

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Yes Tom, this is that very same car. When you saw it, there was a 406 SBC in there with a bunch of spray. I managed to explode that into a mess of pieces when a rod let go in the lights. I got it down to 9.63 before the booboo. I think I even have a video of that episode too.

I spend most of my time at NED running in the Outlaw 10.5 class with the Quick Street guys. It would be great to run into someone from this board up there, and I'm sure it will happen this season sometime.

No409

Supporting Member 1
YEP!

i was there that day, at a CMDR race with my old Turbo regal. i came over and tlaked to you guys in the trailer. you were pitted right by tech, where i usually pit.

you guys were bummed, and i cant blame ya

like i said, awesome car!( almost makes me want to wish i bought it!)

im sure ill see you up there or LVD this year( dont know what ill be racin, but im sure i can find you guys!)

if you guys need a a hand or anything like that,with the car, let me know, im not to far away!

Tom

Mike-Casella

Supporting Member 1
Tom I might take you up on that offer. We may be short a crew member this season, I won't know for sure till things get rolling. The guy I bought the car from is one of my crew members also, so you might recognize him.

Funny story with our crew last season, everyone's name was Mike, and there was 4 of us.

No409

Supporting Member 1
i would probally recognize him. i had my 87 TR at tweeter center for sale, and i think we had a white 63 SS ragtop forsale also. Ill half to look, but i think i still got his #, and i do recall the name Mike. he was looking for 18-20K back then if i remember correctly. i just didnt have the $$$.

let me know if you guys need help, im a ASE master tech, and live for wrenching on cars!