Another hello from North Texas!!! :)

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I just started to restore one of 2 1962 Impala SS's. It seems that once you start buying stuff, you end up with enough parts to start another!:dunno Well, I am just starting to replace sheet metal for the first time in my life. Bought my first welder, Clarke Mig 130 and luckily it came with a video on how to weld!! :roll
I will be looking for a 348 or 409 in the near future for these cars and came across this site while searching for info on them. Great site by the way!:bow
Was a mechanic, automotive technician, for about 12 years, now a Systems Engineer for a manufacturer of High-Speed Internet modems (DSL routers). I needed something to do as therapy to take out my frustrations from customers.:bang

Anyway, I live in North Dallas and would welcome any tips on purchasing these engines, as well as restoring tips.

Brian

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, Welcome to the site. There is a lot of information and help here. There are quite a few members in Texas as well. Glad you found your way here.:clap :clap

Rusty Everitt

Supporting Member 1
Brian,
Glad to see a Dallasite on board, maybe get together for a cold one at Kellers sometime....this summer.....I hate winter more than Ronnie does.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Brian:
Welcome to the site. As you will learn there are alot of Texans on this site for better or worse
We are always glad to see a "technology major" come about. I am have wifi slowdown issues and may "get to know you better":D :D :D

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
welcome

Welcome Brian from another Texan. Glad to have you on board. Maybe you can make it to the Pate Swap Meet for a get togrether.:cheers

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

blumun53

Well Known Member
Brian, what part of Dallas are in? I'm in Denton, and my brother is in Coppell. If you need help, holler at me. :cool:

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, what part of Dallas are in? I'm in Denton, and my brother is in Coppell. If you need help, holler at me. :cool:

I am in The Colony, so I am near both of you... Do you know anyone who does media blasting in the area? I have been trying to do it myself in the garage and it doesn't work very well! :)

Anyway, feel free to call me at 214-632-6455.

Brian