Beach Boys - 409 song

Big: I responded to your email, evidently there is something new going on, I get the first response to my post as an email and can respond to the FIRST one. I did this 3 times today but the mail I sent doesn't get posted here. From now on I'll treat these emails as notifications (as before) and reply to the topic so everyone can see it. Big let me know if you got an email responding to your question.

BOB: This new thing isn't as good as a simple notification that there was a post on the topic UNLESS the response will be automatically posted to the topic. I'd just as soon respond so everyone can see it and don't want to type everything twice.

JIMS409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fran Preve said:
PS: In the summer of 1987 I presented a plaque made up from a W block valve cover in commemoration of the 25th anniversery of the song on behalf of the engine plant (they were doing a concert at a Buffalo baseball parK). I think it was Jardine who was displaying a 409 Chevy at auto shows at the time.

That very plaque resides in a place of honor over Doug Marion's desk! :clap

Phil Reed and I are in Doug's will for it...May he live a long-long life!

bobs409

Administrator
Fran Preve said:

BOB: This new thing isn't as good as a simple notification that there was a post on the topic UNLESS the response will be automatically posted to the topic. I'd just as soon respond so everyone can see it and don't want to type everything twice.

I didn't change anything. I did get a copy of 3 of those that you sent in my e-mail though. :?

You would have to post on the forum. Replying to an e-mail won't post here. The subscription is only a way of notifying you that someone has replied to that thread.

Bob

Bob: thanks, from now on I'll reply on the topic instead so evryone can read it.

Knowing that that very special plaque resides over Doug Marions desk made my DAY!. I'll leave it at that. I believe Jardine got the plaque as he was displaying a 409 at auto shows.

Side note: Mike Love gave my wife his California phone number and said he'd fly her out to CA (he didn't know she was married, I think). She saved the napkin.
He was there with a REALLY cute young girl, Jackie. I told my wife to tell him it was OK with me, if we SWAPPED!. :roll