because we like video's

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, Outstanding !! Of course I have never owned anything with power enough to compress 900# valve springs. :roll Will that be the car that Jimmy will drive on his first date?? Sox & Martin graphics to go on this winter ?? Can't wait to see it run. :clap

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Way to go Bob!:beerbang
That thing sounds awsome!:beerbang
Looks great too! I like the scoop!:beerbang
Have you decided about the graphics yet?:scratch
I think it would look cool as a Sox and Martin tribute car.:cheers

No409

Supporting Member 1
sounds awesome!!!

is that a f600 scoop? ive been debating on putting one on my 63, and yours looks awesome

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx guys, it is my lifelong dream car starting to take shape. have made lots of progress since the video time.
the scoop came from VFN they call it the "large super duty" there are 4 size choices. i really think it is copied from the old Ford F600 / SD pontiac. at least that is what i was hoping. it is a bolt on and was $125.
with the tunnel ram and 2 dominators, it ran better but was in the way. didnt look right on a N/ super stocker, couldnt get the dist out, or see where i was going. i still have it and may try in the future. but the engine seems to like the little CNC Dart intake. it still looks like it could swallow a tennis ball.
hope to finally get the car out on the track very soon.
as far as Jimmy driving the car.............luckily he cant reach the pedals, (YET)

P.S. about the Sox & Martin grafix, back when i got permission from Ronnie Sox, it was a good idea, he was alive and nobody had seen the car since 65. next thing i know, there is a cheesy toy diecast copy of it, model decals, and who knows what else. ( the diecast really pooped on my idea) originally i built the car to resemble the S&M friendly chevrolet, the wheels and paint are already on. I'll just have to decide the rest. if i dont finish the theme i started, then i'm more thinking of a common tribute to all the guys who kicked tails in white 63's (u know who they are) but in my own theme. case in point,

i bought the 1992 world champion flatbottom dragboat. racing a famous boat was really cool. and i won it all in 1996 but the boat never really felt like it was mine.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Bob

Those short clips about this low-slung 63' Impala, with a large Pit-Bull engine, have started to intrigue me.

Very Nice.

RCE1962

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Quote "then i'm more thinking of a common tribute to all the guys who kicked tails in white 63's (u know who they are) but in my own theme."

That sounds like a good idea.:beerbang

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Congrats!!!

Great video Bob and great looking car!! You really have something to be proud of!!!

Any chance...................we could see a video of a BURNOUT!!!!!!:dunno :dunno :bow :bow :clap :clap