Blown 409 in 57 Chevy

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Been a minute since my last W build, actually about 14 years. Anyway came across a fresh 409 30 0ver short block straight from the machine shop. Estate sale find, anyway the plan is to pick up a BDS 671 blower and a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM 348/409 Chevy Cylinder Heads 60815, roller cam, lifters, rockers. Short block came with forged TRW pistons. Believe to be flattop. Assume I can run 9 to 1 compression with the Aluminum heads an 91 pump gas. Those of you out there with the algorithm engraved in your heads for compression. Will my comp be too high with the Edelbrock heads ? piston options recommendations or rework the bowls in the heads to lower comp ? Thanks

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Limit your boost to 5-6 psi, and careful with the carb and timing adjustments, and you should be fine. I would cc your combo as 9.0 compression seems low for a TRW piston. Likely higher than that. Pictures of the piston?

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Bloer companies usually have a chart to compare compression ratios and drive ratios. also some cam reccomendations.
I know they like wide lobe seperation.
Bob