Brian, constant pressure vbody

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Brian, Now that you have had some time to drive with that constant pressure valve body, have you noticed any problems, like heat? :dunno

Ray

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Ray-

You have a PM

Brian

Oh no :cuss you have to tell everybody! I have to pull my 700R4 because I have 4th gear slippage problems, I was thinking about a constant pressure valve body. Trans has been in car since 2000. TCI right? I really don't think this is the way to go! Tweaking the geometry of your bell crank should be a harder but worthwhile way to go.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh no :cuss you have to tell everybody! I have to pull my 700R4 because I have 4th gear slippage problems, I was thinking about a constant pressure valve body. Trans has been in car since 2000. TCI right? I really don't think this is the way to go! Tweaking the geometry of your bell crank should be a harder but worthwhile way to go.

Fatride,
TCI yes. For bellcrank you might look at this
http://www.purplesagetradingpost.com I just edited this as link wouldn't work. After going to site go to sumners home page and scroll down to 700R4 tech info.

Raptor transmissions might have something also.

Ray

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The constant pressure valve body is probably the best invenstment I made when building this transmission. If I didn't have it, I would have burnt up the clutches by now! The only thing the TV cable is used for is to adjust the shift points. I haven't had much time to play with it because I have been working so much, but plan to get the shift points right when the rain stops next weekend.

As far as temp, I don't have a gauge on the tranny so I couldn't tell you what it is running at. I do plan on getting one this week and will let you know once I get it installed.

Ever since i had my tranny builder install it for me, he is now making the modifications himself to every 700r4 he builds for a street rod application. The TCI CP valve body is just a GM valve body that has a couple passages drilled out and a couple extra check balls. Not sure exactly what, but he reverse engineered it.