insurance pictures 005.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 118
  • insurance pictures 008.jpg
    insurance pictures 008.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 149

petepedlar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Great job...... there are definately some nice cars being done right now and this is one of them.

Dave

bbq2

Very profound Dan. Must confess one of the reasons to post these pictures is to gain support to keep spending ALL THIS MONEY! Thank you all for the food for my hobby.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
My '61 B/A bubbletop just moved up on the to do list. She's a sweetheart. Enjoy it in good health. Keep those pics coming please.:cheers:cheers

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
WOW!
Absolutely beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing your progress. Very top notch !

Can't wait to see more !:clap

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Excellent!

Wow, that '62 looks really straight!

Give us a little idea of what you had to do/have done to get her looking this way. Was it a solid car to begin with? Are Black over Red the original colors? Was she originally a 409 car? Not sure I know the details on this one.

This is an perfect example of what I want to do to mine someday. Have original but very crusty version of this, was a V8 auto car, Black over Red. Have date coded correct "068" block, matching 690 heads and T-10 for the drive train. So mine will be a somewhat faithful clone. The best part about the vehicle is that it has a cowl tag, VIN tag, clear title in my name, and a great roofline. Everything else has rusted beyond repair, so total replacement is in order.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out, it gives us all inspiration to continue our own undertakings :).

Cheers,
TomK

bbq2

Tom, I think this link will work,http://camaromuscle.com/62BUBBLETOP.html , that is how it started. It is a 1637 car. Black with red interior color code, one of the reasons I bought it. It is painted with acrylic enamel. NO Clear. Every part that has a part number and date code are correct. The master cylinder date is the farthest away, six months, NCRS acceptable. Everything else is very close. The hardest things to find were correct shock absorbers, and the 002e voltage regulator. It is a little known fact that the voltage reg for the 62 409,409hp is a one year only, two application only. The 62 Corvette fuelly and the 62 409, 409hp. When you can find them through the corvette guys, they are about 700.00 restored. Lama Walden motor, .30 over. Should get it back home before the snow flies. Then wiring and interior is all that is left. Thanks for looking. Like I said in earlier posts, this encouragement keeps me going. Tons of money. Thanks, Jeff

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just Super Jeff. You help inspire us all to get back in the shop and get going. Thanks, Ken:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Solid!

Jeff:

Your '62 looked to be pretty solid when you began. Wish mine was like that!

I noted a product called "starblast", is that a specific media or some trademarked process?

Did you locate the engine, or were you lucky enough to have an original 409 car?
Mine will be a clone, but the date codes are very close. I think mine was an October 1961 vehicle build, fairly early. So finding a near-correct block and heads was a bit of a challenge...

Yours seems to be very "date code correct". I don't think I can be that faithful, and knowing that she is a 409 clone, I just want to "get close". My build will be more of a "driver build". I really don't think I can even begin on my project until I finish the existing projects, and acquire or build more space. Putting a vehicle on a twirler and separating the frame requires lots of space, doesn't it? Not something you can do in the driveway :).

Best of luck in getting it all back together, I know you will be happy with the end product. The rest of us just get to drool :). I suspect it will rival the effort made by a friend of Jack Gibbs, who did the nut and bolt restoration on the best looking Black over Red 1962 Belair Sport Coupe I have ever seen. I'm sure there are nice ones out there, but I've only seen a few, and this one was awesome. The fellow's name was Gary something out of Colorado, and he still has the vehicle. He brought it to the NIA event last July in Indy. I hope yours comes out as nice or nicer than that one!

Best,
TomK

bbq2

Tom, the starblast is a product to eliminate the rust. When you media or soda blast, it does not rid the panels of rust. As you can see by the pictures, it takes it all off. The block and heads were in the trunk when i bought the car. It had a a 348 in it that I put in another bel air. No docs, so I could not say what it was. Had 3/8 fuel line. Jeff

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Thanks!

So this "starblast" is a media one can purchase for use in a blasting machine? I'll have to look into it. If I were to use that on my '62 Sport Coupe, all I'd have left is a cowl, a roof line, and the tops of the rear quarters :) :) :). I need to get a lot more skill in terms of "metal bumping" and welding before I tackle that project!

Thanks, and good luck in putting yours back together. That's the part I like the most!

TomK