Classic Car Insurance

gearheadtx

Supporting Member 1
Hi Folks,

I am looking around for a Classic Car Insurance to insure my 61. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mark

Rockfish39

Supporting Member 1
Hi Folks,

I am looking around for a Classic Car Insurance to insure my 61. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mark

I'm insured with Grundy. Agreed value right up front, no hassles on mileage or anything like that...Reasonable premiums... I would recommend them

Rock :cool:

bobs409

Administrator
I have Hagerty's for quite some time now. I have 3 of mine on with them. So far, they've been great. Agreed value coverage, no mileage limitations and you only pay once for some items so if you have more than 1 car, that helps.

The only thing I can't attest to is how they handle claims. (and I hope I don't have to find out!) I have heard good things about them on claims though.

Bob

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi ,my 73' Corvette I have insured with J.C.Taylor for $25,000.00 for about $175.00 a year.They allow you to send a few pictures of interior,exterior and motor .Car must be kept in garage,used less than 3000 miles a year.No hassles over agreed value.I have been very happy with their service.
Now,I called them when I put my 64' Impala Convertible on the road.I wanted to insure the car for $65,000.00 .They immediately told me that I would have to get the car appraised by a certified appraiser,because any car over the $25,000.00 value must be appraised.I asked about that.They told me that any manager at a New Car dealership,an appraiser that afiliated in the auto business, or a national club,something like NCRA would also work.Then the person tells me that I could have a president of a car club appraise it.I really laughed at that one.Most of these car club people don't have a clue what true values of original older cars are. I politely said"Thank You" and hung up.
I have my everyday cars and trucks with Allstate,so I called my agent.He tells me they are now writing insurance with Haggerty.I asked him to give me a price,with car value listed above.There was no questioning of the value I put on my car,all they asked for was 6 pictures(1 of each side of car,1 of interior and 1 of the motor).There is no limitations on miles,no hassles,car must be kept in garage when not in use.For $65,000.00 in insurance ,cost is $440.00 a year. Hope I've been of some help. John

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
Hagerty seems to be pretty good. I gave them a value of the car now and as work progresses on it I can up the amount. They also have a good roadside assistance plan too. Hope i won't need it but it's nice to have it. vin

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hagerty all the way. The are very good with classic car insurance. My dad used them also...as years go by and you make your vehicle nicer, up the agreed value on it. I up mine at least $2500 per year.

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree, Hagerty is a very good insurance, just send pictures and agree to value.
A friend of mine was hit by a no licence, no insurance driver. About $5,000 damage to his 57, Hagerty allowed him to use his body shop of choice and paid 100%. I've had 5 cars insured through them.

Larry

Hobart

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Another vote for Hagerty, though I've never had to make a claim.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
...same with me, I've used Hagerty and still do, but never filed a claim.

kodamar

Well Known Member
I have Hagerty also. A friend of mine has them and had one small claim with no hassles.

I have three cars on my policy with them, and the best part is the ZERO deductible towing option! Up to three tows a year. (I have used one every year since I added the tow coverage) The last one was to tow my '66 Belvedere about three miles back to my house back in May. After replacing the cap & rotor, ballast resistor & spark plugs I took it on a short test drive only to have the voltage regulator go bad and fry the wires all the way to the ignition switch! ARRRGGHH!

I have yet to rewire it!

Only the Imp has vintage plates. The others have standard plates and I drive them probably more than I should.

NITROFC

Well Known Member
Grundy is the way to go ....... www.grundy.com ..I have all cars insured for over value of $110k ( ZERO DEC ON COMP & COL ) and pay less than $ 700 a yr.

Most other company wanted to charge for double that for one car and for less coverage .... These guys rules had a claim and they paiud off in less than 72 hrs ... any ?? let me know I will point to the person who will take care of your requirements.

Agreed Value ..
(not like standard insurance companies who depreciate your car's value).

Modified or Stock ..NO DIFFERENCE IN COST

No Model Year Limitation

Highest Liability Limits

Automatic Coverage for (30) days on newly acquired collector cars

Unlimited Mileage

Spare Parts Coverage

Towing and Labor Costs

Trip Interruption Coverage

Inflation Guard

Auto Show Medical Reimbursement

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Continental Western Group

I have been using the Continental Western Group (800) 533-0303 and have several vehicles with them, no claims as yet (hopefully never!).

My 1963 Corvette is set at $60,000 and costs $314 per year (basic coverage, $500 deductible) and the 1962 Impala is set for $40,000 at $215 per annum. They also require photos and such, and are easy to work with in terms of adding more coverage, working with a car under restoration, etc.

Good luck!

TomK