Clay City

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Grown up???????????

Bob, there are people that would dispute the fact that I've grown up. Neighbors, friends, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe grown old, but not up:roll :roll :roll

region rat said:
Fred, when I grow up I want to be like you. Bob

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Broken parts

BTW, Bob Walla, we have the distinction of doing something almost impossible. You broke a Dana 60 Axel, and I broke a 12 bolt ring and pinion. Neither one is easy to do!!!! Are we just lucky, or good?????????????:dunno :brow :roll :clap

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Welcome

walkerheaders said:
thanx again to all for a good time at the races and including Jimmy and I in your friendly comments. i did not make the time an effort to ready my rig and haul it down. I mostly just wanted to renew old friendships and make a few new ones.
Sunday night in the hospital..........all i could think about was friends and family.

Bob, been there and done that. Not easy. I'm so glad things turned out to be OK. We would hate to lose you. Jimmy needs his father. We need our friend. Glad you made it to the track. Car or no car, you are and will be welcome. But, I think you know that. If you didn't, you do now!

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Great Time

Me and Sue had a great time,all the Norwalk group was there plus a few new members.I didn't miss the 57 because,I was doing Photos if any members want some more photos of there car,send me a PM.The 57 would not have made the trip,I installed a rebuilt water pump and a molded lower radiator hose today.The 57 blew the hose off on a 10 mile road trip at 160 deg and a 13 lb cap :doh :dunno

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hose?????

Jim, I know this is a dumb question to ask you, but is the cap releasing at 13 PSI? Have you checked it with a pump? That sounds crazy to keep blowing the lower hose off like that. Something is sure wrong somewhere. Glad you didn't try to bring it south. Do you have one of those point and shoot temperature guns? Might check the temps to make sure the gage isn't wrong. But that still wouldn't solve the problem, I guess. Never had that happen, so can't tell you how to fix it. Heck, you would know better than me, anyway.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Fred,those are good questions,I know the cap works at 13 lbs,because the overffow works.I do have a temp gun,but I don't have time to point it because the hose blows off.I ordered a 348-409 hose from Show Cars,I used a 1 3/4 inch molded hose from NAPA.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Clay City Runners

The runners at Clay City. Quite a show. Not only fast cars, but pretty ones as well.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
JimK, I never trusted those corigated hoses like you have. I took the ones off my Blazer as soon as I bought it and sold them at a swap meet.
The next guy can worry now.

Put on those new hoses and check and retighten them after a few miles and you should be fine,,dq

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
dq409 said:
JimK, I never trusted those corigated hoses like you have. I took the ones off my Blazer as soon as I bought it and sold them at a swap meet.
The next guy can worry now.

Put on those new hoses and check and retighten them after a few miles and you should be fine,,dq[/QUOTE

DQ,it was a NAPA molded hose that blew off at 160 deg,here's a photo

Attachments

• Picture 234.jpg
    Picture 234.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 51

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,i'm glad you guys and gals had a great time. for three days i was saying to myself "i wonder who is racing who, who would win the 60ft. race. the pic's are great. and every one made it home safe. Bob W. hoping the best for you.
mike

Bomar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Fred I just checked the forum been a little busy. Your trailer is coming along good I hope to have it done Wed. or Thursday. I'll call about your golf cart in the morning to see when I can pick it up. It will be in your trailer when we bring it back. By the way thanks for the comments about me, but even if I get a car I will still crew for Denny and You or anyone else I could help. And I don't make Denny fast He does. So if I do get a W car his hands will be in it all the way. As far as you and Bob growing up I've always wanted to grow up to be a Kid. It cost me a lot of money to be this way I don't want to waste it. Bo