Combined alternator/powersteering pump

Nobrando

Hi fellas! I got an alternator/powersteering pump which i would like to convert the alternator to an AC alternator instead of a DC. Problem is, i've been googling and searching on ebay but i can't figure out what this kind of alternator is called?

Does anyone know where you could get it?

I'm sorry for the poor quality on the photograph, i took it with my cellphone.

111523-944e8afbea0e1065efadb577efb28568.jpg

Nobrando

They make alternators that look like orig generators but I have never seen one that will accept the power steering pump on the rear as yours is.

http://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?item=543

By chance i stumbled onto a swedish company that had this generator called Ex-charge, little wider diameter but bolt on to the power steering. costs 4.2k SEK = 650 $ with an output of 75 A.

Supposed to fit GM cars from 55-59, but it looks exactly the same as mine does on the 60.

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If your not interested in the original gen/power steering look then use the later 61-64 power steering pump that mounts down low in front of the block and add the alternator up above.

Nobrando

If your not interested in the original gen/power steering look then use the later 61-64 power steering pump that mounts down low in front of the block and add the alternator up above.

Oh, ok. But i'm actually interested in the original, but the original generator won't supply enough power to power both sound system and lights, but i think the ex-charge solution will work perfect. But thanks for the tip, i will take a look at the 61-64!