comments on the 502

cheap1

Supporting Member 1
My friend has one in a 68 Chevelle and he loves it. He had it on a chasis dyno and it went 422hp at the wheels with a torque read at 430ftlbs. His tranny is a built 400 turbo and he has a Moser 12 bolt with 3:55 to 1 gears. I think he had some carb issues when he first installed it but once he sorted them out he hasn't had any problems.:dunno

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
502 is a great stump puller! :deal I have a buddy with one in a 67 Chevelle and she scoots!:beerbang

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
502 engine

My buddy James Schrader and I have a 502 stuffed into a rear engined dragster. Runs very strong. Was a crate engine from GM, has a warranty and everything :).

Cheers,
TomK

iaco59

Well Known Member
iaco59

Thanks for the response, This engine was a crate engine. It was installed in a 2002 Bounder. Has 14000 miles on it. I have all the paper work on it . Cost $10,836 installed. His motor home caught fire. Bad inside damage. He was going to rebuild it him self, But wife died of cancer and his health is failing.Turned the key and it was running. Threw the transmission in for another $100.00. Would cam have to be changed for auto use???