correct 1963 impala pcv system

vetkllr

O.k. this is my very first post here and very excited to hear from all of you guru's. I am trying to get my 63 impala's engine compartment to look just like it rolled out of the Los Angeles factory and one thing that i just can't seem to figure out is what was correct or original in 63 with a 300hp 327. I have seen numerous ways people have set up they're system, but no consistency. Are there different ways they were setup according where they were built? I have power brakes and A/C if it makes a difference.
Thank you in advance,
Richard Canales

58 YEOMAN

there was no pcv system in '63. Just the road draft tube in the back of the block.
However if you want a factory looking system, I got a oil fill tube from ecklers for a 66/67 vette http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf_id=A8333&dept_id=153

I have a later model q-jet on my car(79 vette) So it had a provision to run a pcv. On the original carb, you'll probably need to run an adapter plate under the carb with a provision for the pcv.

58 YEOMAN

Were did the pcv valve go for '63? I was going on the no pcv in the valve cover idea. When did they move it there? Guess i need to do some more research!:doh

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
There is a special brass splitter block that screws into the back of you AFB. The PCV valve screws into it. Your hose connects to the rear of the block. Hose routes around the passenger side of the distributor. Your power brakes also are fed off of this block. I think Show Cars has them. Best of luck!!
Ross

bobs409

Administrator
Both my 63 283 and 63 409 have the PCV valve that screws into the back of the carb.

The shop manuals or assembly manuals probably have pics of the correct routing.

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I think I still have one of the brass fittings that is for this application. It's still at my parrents house, in my "archive". If I get back there soon I can get a picture of it. I remember it came with a 3461 AFB I bought a few years ago.
Ross

vetkllr

Thank's guys, right after I posted this thread I came across that website and I found all that I was needing! I didn't know that 63' was the only year that had a valve, so many cars are setup with a system that someone made up on their own, which isn't wrong, It's just i was looking for the correct way from factory! thank you much, you guys are great! :bow I have another ? that I need help with but i will start a new thread on that one.

Richard.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
CHEV601234,,,,,, Good point. I didn't think of that. Heck, I didn't even know that. Sounds like a needle in a hay stack.