Crankshaft lamp

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have always liked to make things so I made a simple lamp out of a crankshaft this weekend. Got a lamp kit and shade from Walmart for about 10 bucks and have been saving this crankshaft just for this project. Cleaned it up and clear coated it to keep it from rusting and installed the lamp parts. I think it turned out pretty good. I have a flywheel for the motor that the crank came out of and when I find it I will clean it up and make it into a base for the lamp. IMG_1143.JPG

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Nope unfortunately recently separated but now I can do this stuff and put it in the house where before I was told no way in hell. Next project is a 409 engine block table after I find some used 409 pistons and rods!

Looks like I will be getting into the man cave furniture also.......it is a expensive undertaking to get your man card back........10 grand on just the lawyer so far

PS. I like It......but I hope those are not Packer colors in Vikings land......

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Looks like I will be getting into the man cave furniture also.......it is a expensive undertaking to get your man card back........10 grand on just the lawyer so far

PS. I like It......but I hope those are not Packer colors in Vikings land......

Sorry to hear that 63 dream'n lucky for me we never got to the alter so I won't have the huge lawyer fees but she left me with the 2 kids so they will take all my time now but I think it's for the better I have them and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
And no they are not Packer colors!
Bob the cam would make a neat lamp also and like you said serve a better purpose than it did in the engine!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Radial engine is Cool....Back in the day I had a Big Twin on our glass table for a while. She didn't mind. Actually those were the days before I had a shop and I brought both of our Harleys in the house for a winter clean and polish job. As long as I cleaned hers she was good with it. She's fussy about a clean house,ect, but it doesn't bother her a bit to jump on a dirty bike....................

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I too love that radial engine, although they are all cool.

What is it Tom about building engines / bikes in the house? I too did that when I first got married. Built the complete bike in my apartment kitchen.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
First got married in rental house no garage i bought a used lawnmower for $5 .oo and thought i would rebuild the engine in basement. I did but when it came to firing it up she didn't appreciate the lawn mower engine noise and smoke and exhaust smell radiating up stair's. :crazy:crazy Oh, still have my wife!!!!!:dunno:think