Custom Craft in AZ

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The Chevrolet Chevy II/Nova was a small automobile manufactured by Chevrolet, and produced in five generations for the 1962 through 1979, and 1985 through 1988 model years. Nova was the top model in the Chevy II lineup through 1968. The Chevy II nameplate was dropped, Nova becoming the nameplate for the 1969 through 1979 models

Models is correct, I looked it up.........

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Actually not! Was the end guy on driver's side's car and could be an example of you can't hurt a bunch of drunks. Wasn't a high speed roll over. Big ditch!

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I never thought about taking pictures of the shit I wrecked, only the shiny pics after wax on wax off. In hindsight kinda wish I would have.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Ok, I just noticed.

#29 post of Richards shows the ChevyII emblem on the hood and there are other examples of that also. .

#23 post of Robert's has a bowtie in the middle of the emblem of the hood, can't see Chevy II there? Maybe?? Then Robert says on post #23 it was a "68". :crazy:crazy Now that's got me wondering again.

Last edited:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I thought it was a 68 but that was several "moons" ago I am not as young as I once was! I can be corrected on this memory!
Robert

Richard Martin

Well Known Member
The website below has several photos and info about the Fred Gibb COPO 1968 Nova SS cars.
The 1968 Nova SS had at least 2 unique differences from the 1969-1972 Nova SS.
1...CHEVY II on the front of the hood
2...chrome block letters SUPER SPORT on the bottom of the front fenders aft of the wheel opening.

Please scroll down on the website for the photos

www.superchevy.com/features/0505sc-chevrolet-copo-novas

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
1968NovaMarkerClear.jpg
More info. Identifying a 1968 Nova is the simplest of these years– of course as long as the car is still in its original configuration. 1968 was the only year to have the Chevy II logo on the front of the hood. Another easy way to tell right off the bat is to look at the ignition switch. The ignition switch on the ’68s were actually on the dash, not on the steering column like the ’69-’72 cars. If still in doubt, the other key identifier is the front marker light. 1968 was the only year to have a clear lens, unlike the amber versions on the ’69-’72 years. It also had the engine size casted on the marker bezel.