Customer looking for his 62 Chev.

david montanbeau

Well Known Member
Please pass around and share.
A local friend is attempting to locate a car that was owned by his father in law. After the father in law's death, the wife sold the car to someone in Pennsylvania. The car is a 1962 Chevrolet Impala 2 Door Hard Top. The VIN is 21847F242277. The son in law would like to make an offer to purchase the car if the current owner can be located. Photos of the car from a few years ago are attached.
PM me
Thanks
Dave

Earl-StS-01.jpg.71614fb2e3321d956a3fc8a74d76020c.jpg Earl-StS-03.jpg.fd3e7eb6bb50447f5a4216b2d3b85be9.jpg

Last edited:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Back in 1978 when I bought my 63 Impala back..........I went to Kansas Dept. of Revenue and for $10............they gave me a copy of every title for all the owners!! Of course the car had stayed in Kansas it's whole life until then. Privacy laws probably wouldn't allow that now.
Check with DOR or maybe you have a police office friend that can run the VIN. But that might not be fair either.
Good luck.

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Dave, Jim Sullivan and I saw this car at a local car show about two years ago. I spoke with the guy who owned the car, and just as you said, he purchased it from the wife of the man who passed away. He brought it back to Lake Ariel, Pa. , and was trying to sell the car. At the time I was interested in the car, and I took his name and Tel. Number, however, I never followed up on making the purchase. I looked in my notes for his info, but I must have gotten rid of it. His last name was KIESER. I remember him telling me that he was moving to Florida the following year. I can send to the Pa. DMV with the VIN, get you the present owner if the car is still titled in Pa. Let me know if you want me to go ahead with that....Mike

david montanbeau

Well Known Member
Hey Dave, Jim Sullivan and I saw this car at a local car show about two years ago. I spoke with the guy who owned the car, and just as you said, he purchased it from the wife of the man who passed away. He brought it back to Lake Ariel, Pa. , and was trying to sell the car. At the time I was interested in the car, and I took his name and Tel. Number, however, I never followed up on making the purchase. I looked in my notes for his info, but I must have gotten rid of it. His last name was KIESER. I remember him telling me that he was moving to Florida the following year. I can send to the Pa. DMV with the VIN, get you the present owner if the car is still titled in Pa. Let me know if you want me to go ahead with that....Mike
That would be great.
Thank you
Dave

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dave, I contacted a License and Title agency in Pa. and found that you cannot just make a request to find out the owner of a certain vehicle, just for the sake of learning who the owner is. There has to be valid reason, and they list several, for the inquiry. However, I was able to learn that this VIN , is still on file with the Pa;. Dept of Motor Vehicles, but my search did not allow me to find out who the listed owner was... This car may have been sold and may now have a title in a different state, no way to know. Sorrry.... I do know that the fellow that owned this car two years ago, was KIZER, (Correct spelling of last name). If I learn anything more I will contact you... Mike

is there any update to locating the gentleman who purchased this car 3 years ago ?? we would love to get it back to the family.. just need help finding the buyer... i have used your names to search Facebook but hard to do not knowing a city or first name..