Dump Truck Motor Wins AGAIN!!!!

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ronnie,

VERY NICE car ! Sounds / looks very sweet ! Must be a total blast to drive !
It's a flyer in my book, for sure.:brow

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ronnie

I'm confused, I thought everything in Texas was supposed to be bigger. Why do they run 1/8th, in Texas shouldn't it be 3/8ths of a mile? :roll :roll :roll

Bill

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Ronnie.......congrats to you and Barry for your win!!!!:clap :clap

Is there a story behind the Nova for the 409??? What kind of engine did you guys build??? Looks serious with the Hogan intake!!:bow :bow

As far as the other "thing"...you know...your picture. If you got it....flaunt it!!!!:roll :roll Maybe Virginia can pick you up a pair of Spandex bicycle shorts for the next race!!!!:roll :roll

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, As you know, Barry's dad owned and raced one of the original Z-11 cars. He then put the drive train in a Chevy II and match raced for a couple of years. Barry and I decided to build a " tribute" car , I believe it was 1990 when we started. Because of limited finances it took 3 years to build. Since then, we have had much fun with it. After seeing the nostalgia super-stockers in the Norwalk thread, Barry wants to build a "tribute" car based on his dad's white Z--11 Impala. No funds available right now, but something to shoot for in the future. Thanks to all for all of the nice comments. :)

oil4kids

Well Known Member
Any photos of that original Z11 Nova?

I guess there awere about 3 or 4 roaming the country back in the 1960s including Alan Green and Bill Thomas and CKC

http://www.superchevy.com/features/nova/sucs_0700_chevy_ii_nova_funny_car/

Heres a photo
Retrospect: CKC Racing Chevy II Fastback Funny Car

"Big Daddy" Don Garlits once commented that Kristek was undoubtedly "one of fuel racing's true unsung heroes." In this 1964 Pete Peters photo, Kristek is shown tuning the Carter carburetors on the team's 427 Z11 big-block.

Attachments

• sucs_0700_04_z+CKC_chevy_II_funny_car+JE_kristek.jpg
    sucs_0700_04_z+CKC_chevy_II_funny_car+JE_kristek.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 52

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mark, No pictures of the Z-11 chevy II. Barry has very few pictures of the Z-11 Impala.. Bob Walker Jr. did post one from Clay City get together last year. One of the few pictures left. People just didn't take pictures back then like they do now. Buddy did tell me the story about why and how he sold the Chevy II. Had to do with rear brakes only and axle deep in mud after he ran off the drag strip. Sold the car while it was sitting in the mud. :roll Car left Texas and car and parts never heard from again. Believe me, Barry has researched this a great deal , but no success.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Super COOL car !! And man,, what a thrill to fly down the track that would be !!!