Engine test stand

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone might have a used engine test stand they want to sell?? I know I can buy a new one at Summit, but wanted to check here first. Several years ago, I had a '57 265 engine rebuilt according to my specs and the parts I wanted to use. I did this for nostalgic purposes and with the intent to use it in a '55 hardtop. But, that never happened. I bought my '55 vert. and gave thought to using this motor in that car with an OD trans. and 456 gears. This car is no nice, I just couldn't remove the stock, original drivetrain. So, I still have the motor and would like to hear it run again. It was started at the machine shop and has the 097 Duntov solid cam. It sounded great. I think it would be therapeutic for me also. I thought about making my own with plans that can be purchased but I'm afraid it would be a disaster. Thanks, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I looked on Amazon yesterday and they have one for about $500.00. Received decent reviews. Going to also check with Summit. I would prefer buying there because of their return policy and customer service, Carmine.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here's a couple more pictures of how I added the radiator and real gauges at the front for you if you go this route.

The 265 should be a breeze in this stand for what your wanting too do.

Good Luck on with whatever you choose.

20220302_143242.jpg20220302_143232.jpg

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mine came from a kit, and is pretty similar. It came with an aluminum tank and battery box. It was also long enough that I mounted a bellhousing to serve as a rear mount. I really don't like the idea of the flywheel whizzing around out in the open. Extra length is always a plus as Ws and BBCs (or anything else) are longer than an SBC. Height is important as you may need to get your cherry picker around or under the stand.

Here are some ideas:

run stands

Last edited:

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I got mine from Summit probably over a year ago just wish it was higher off the ground so cherry picker legs would fit under it but just changing the wheels would take care of that

Attachments

• 20230325_100432.jpg
    20230325_100432.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230324_184741.jpg
    20230324_184741.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230507_100416.jpg
    20230507_100416.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I looked on Amazon yesterday and they have one for about $500.00. Received decent reviews. Going to also check with Summit. I would prefer buying there because of their return policy and customer service, Carmine.
Summit may have had some made in USA. Maybe

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No, I haven't. Thanks for remembering I'm in the market for one. I don't subscribe to FB. Do you know how much they want for it?? Thank you, Carmine.