First time out

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Took my 55 out last Saturday 8th mile event car ran 7.14 @ 96.26 short time not so good best was 1.62 back to the drawing board.

Keep chipping away. One bite at a time until you get where you want to go. Your billfold will tell you when you have arrived.:cheers:roll

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I ran the numbers through a calculator and converts your 1/4 mile time to 11.24 @ 119.36 :beerhttp://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm
It also suggests that your 60' time should be about 1.56 so it looks like you could improve a bit there but overall I think you're doing great. :clap
Here's the thing,,, when you run 11.24 on your first time out you've got to think you can make it into the tens with a bit of work. :deal Your MPH suggests that you're already making enough horsepower to run about eleven seconds flat and your MPH will come up even higher if you get a good launch, so tens are certainly possible.

Do you happen to know how heavy the car is?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here's the thing,,, when you run 11.24 on your first time out you've got to think you can make it into the tens with a bit of work. :deal Your MPH suggests that you're already making enough horsepower to run about eleven seconds flat

^^quoted for truth^^

lone 09er

Well Known Member
I agree guys the power is there I just need to apply it better. Who knows it may have a stronger 2nd half, can't tell until I go full 1/4. I'm just like you guys I won't quit until I get all she has to give. I really appreciate all the encouraging words from the fellas in the know, Jim It's right at 3,300 lbs. with me in it.

lone 09er

Well Known Member
This old dog sure gets a lot of attention at the track, my son's told me when I came to the line the announcer said there's a throw back for you . Not sure if he meant if it should be thrown back, or thought it was cool.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
He definately thought it was cool. Would be awesome to take it one time with the hood off so people can see that 409 in there!!

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Never thought of it , the front is fastened with two 348 connecting rods comes right off.

Cool!!! I'd love to see more pics or details of that. Always wanted to do a "pull off" front end on my car. Mostly just to make working on it easy.

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Still have to do the body work and smooth it all out.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 4
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 4

lone 09er

Well Known Member
Do any of you guys use oil restrictors with a roller cams, I'm filling my valve covers with oil during the run ?:dunno