For Jim and Mike: Explore Hawley, Pa video

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Hey Bob, thanks for that video, I have never seen that one. "Harmony in the Woods" is situated approx . two city blocks in the wooded area to the rear of the old Chicken Coop were I had a lot of the parts stored if you remember. Last week we had so much rain that they had to open the roller gates on Lake Wallenpaupack to release some of the water, and when they do that , the released water runs into the original Wallenpaupack Creek which re-creates a very strong water fall as it flows into the Lackawaxen River and then on into the Delaware River... Mike...

62BillT

Well Known Member
I rode through Hawley back in July of '73 on my '72 Harley-Davidson XLH Sportster.

Nice place.

Can't remember if it was Hawley or Honesdale, but we stop in at the local H-D Dealership there.

Heck, that was 50 years ago. Time sure does go fast.

Last edited:

62BillT

Well Known Member
Harley dealer is in Honesdale, they've grown quite a bit since then.

On our long trip, I was low on some Harley Premium 40 WT Oil in my pack. When we pulled into the dealership, it was actually the 4th of July and I was hoping for the best. Closed. We found the place interesting and looked around as we rested some. Then a nice girl turned the corner and asked us if we needed something. I said, I see it's closed but I could use some oil. She said, "wait a minute". Evidently she was the owner's daughter and went and got me a quart or two. Seemed like they lived there right on the property back then.

62BillT

Well Known Member
If the daughter is about 65 to 68 years old and if you are ever in the Harley shop, ask her if she remembers selling me some oil on the 4th of July, 1973, lol. My Sportster was Black and Chrome.