For you old guys

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Feelin younger by the minute, other that stiff from playing racquetball after work.............damn.....:crazy

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
You get stiff from playing racquetball ??? I get stiff from playing "ROCKET " (Sometimes ):hide

:crazy:dance:cheers

Never play "ROCKET" by yourself. I'm sure your Dad told you that you would go blind................so far I only have to wear glasses..................:dance

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
POINT TAKEN !!!:D

If I can get Giny:love to play "ROCKET " with me , It would be great.
I chase her all over the house and when I catch her I forget why I was chasing her in the first place !! :think Her continuous laughing is not helping either !:no

I just can't win !:cry

:crazy:dance:cheers

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Great video !!
How many on here have been to Ronnie's drive in in St. Louis ? St. Louis hop ? Ted Drews ? Debolivar strip ?
Those were the days !!!!!

Clyde Waldo

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Great video !!
How many on here have been to Ronnie's drive in in St. Louis ? St. Louis hop ? Ted Drews ? Debolivar strip ?
Those were the days !!!!!

I have been to Ronnie's drive in theater but the Airway drive in theater on St Charles Rock Road was closer to where I lived so I usually went there. Don't remember the name of the drive in theater on Natural Bridge Road (gone long ago due to airport expansion) but they were known to be tolerant of cars in the back rows that were rockin & rollin. Then there was the Olympic drive in theater further east on the Rock Road that I was told showed X rated movies.

Back in the early 60s I did lots of crusin in west St Louis county. Lots of drive in burger joints - popular to cruse the Rock Road between Steak & Shake and Chuck a Burger and, when that got old, go over to White Castle on Natural Bridge. I was young and not married with a good job driving my new 62 Impala SS 404/409 convert. Wasn't hard to find a street contest back then. Another popular drive in burger place was in south St Louis county, the Palace of Poison. Didn't go to St Louis city much except sometimes went to Hall Street to watch the action until it got so out of control that the police shut it down.

Probably every place in this great country of ours had popular places and I have lots of happy memories of the St Louis area.

mike bell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Chevy man and Clyde- Since I grew up in the Spanish Lake area, I got to enjoy all the places you've mentioned. Our biggest haunts were Steak & Shake on the Riverview circle and Chuck a Burger. Good times were had by all and I feel sad that our grandkids will never get to experience that type of "Real Fun" That video must of had some St. Louis conection, I noticed KTVI-Channel 11 and Ronnies Drive Inn in it. Thanks for the memorys!!!! Mike

Bub6le 2op

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
:clapgreat video well before my time too but i really enjoyed it, those had to be some great times, fun times thanks for sharing

martin

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
In my humble opinion, some of the greatest music ever written, and graduating in '59 at age 17 and heading into the '60's was just awesome. The only thing to top that was having a family! :)

Lonnie