FRONT SWAY BAR

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Mike, that would take care of it. I will probably cut an annular grease groove inside the bushings and add the zerks. I would still like to get the name of the special lube to use on the tie bolt donuts on the bar ends. Thanks, Leo

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
Drill a hole in the bushing and thread a Zerk into the bracket, squeeze away.
I saw a stock 59 convertible turn out of a parking lot onto a road at very normal low speed and the car looked like it would tip over on it's side. These cars need a big sway bar!!!!!!!

Michael Cohen

Supporting Member 1
Michael, I am not following you on the "insulators" :scratch. Do you mean the dounts on the tie bolts from the lower A arm to the sway bar? Leo

It is a rubber donut but it goes between the spring and the A arm not sure if it goes on the top or bottom. I don't think it was stock but was a suggestion and is now used in most suspension rebuilds from what I've been told. It is a Buick part.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There is a 3M lube for this, for use with poly bushings, I'll see if I can find the number.

Don

Its actually a Dow Corning product, 111 Valve Lubricant & Sealant. Apply to inside and outside of the poly bushings.

Don