Gas/diesel usage poll

Your fuel usage since prices have gone up lately?

• I use much less than before

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I use a little less before

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I use the same as I always did

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • I use a little more than before

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use alot more than before

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well hows this. Family has one of the largest sugar cane facilities in Louisiana. Over 100,000 acres. How about (4) ten,thousand diesel tanks around the acerage for fuel for the equipment. Mike:grumble:

Mike, you need to go to www.efuel100.com with all that sugar down there.
Ray

PS I'm using more gas now that I got the 58 rearend rebuilt and can trust it now. Oh and diesel in Syracuse NY past week was 4.719.

Look at it this way guys, in 6 months we can say back in the good ol days we can remember only paying 409 a gallon.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Diesel price

Ray, How would you know the price of diesel in Syracuse? I'm just curious. Did you drive through here? You should of given me a call if you did.

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray, How would you know the price of diesel in Syracuse? I'm just curious. Did you drive through here? You should of given me a call if you did.

Dond409, I went through there Thurs about noon, fueled at pilot. Next time we'll have to get together for a cup.
Ray

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
The large companies got us Americans right where they want us.:mad: First it was the diesel fuel, then gasoline. Then they jacked up the price of food, along with everything else. They're already telling people that home heating oil, natural gas and electricity will be going up, just in time for the heating season.:eek: WOW. Everytime you turn around their picking our pockets. I guess our politicians are showing their true side. They're not about to help anyone.:dunno If we're gonna get screwed, at least they could kiss us once in a while.:eek: Skip:grumble:

gabriel-cestaro

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
have you been to the store 5 lbs of suger is now 4 lbs a gallon ice cream is now 3 qts a lb of coffee is now 13 ozs when will it get better ???????????????????????????

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
have you been to the store 5 lbs of suger is now 4 lbs a gallon ice cream is now 3 qts a lb of coffee is now 13 ozs when will it get better ???????????????????????????

I've tried to put this in perspective although DQ's better at this sort of thing. A truck getting 6 mpg at $2.00 gal costs .33 cents a mile in fuel to transport 45000lbs. Lets say 1000 miles total transport=$330 in fuel or .007cents per lb, so at $4.00 gal or double, right ,raisinng the cost per pound to .014 cents:deal. And this justifies a pound of coffee going up $4.00 lb??. So we can conclude that the retail market is just using fuel as a fake justifukation to increase profits at our expense, buy fuel not coffee, bread, food ,in general and take a ride, and no, I do not own stock in the oil companies.

I got a headache, so gonna get the 58 out and use as much gas today as I can.

Have a nice dry warm day cruisin day.

Ray