Hayden's Shop!!!!!!!!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
On Sunday morning on our recent road trip, Candy, Tom Jacobson and I headed out to find Garden Grove, CA. I found what I wanted to find!!!! Kinda like the "holy grail" for some of us!!

We found Hayden's old shop that he had in the 60's!! He had both 11620 and 11622 Anabel. Tom used to come over here and work with Hayden. We looked real hard and I think we could still make out some of the burnouts in the streets!!!! Was visable clear thru about 14 overlays of asphalt!!!!:roll :roll

Hayden called yesterday and I told him we had found the old shop. He said he even had the building across the street rented too. I didn't know that. The stories he tells of these buildings is priceless. He used to have a guard dog...Tripod. Guess why??? That's right...3 legs. Hayden said he was real mean. He could keep him on a chain but Tripod was perfect in getting someone just inside the chain and then having them for lunch!!!!!!!:roll :roll

If any of you are getting Fred Totten's tape, you will see his car here being worked on. I believe that was in 1965.

The shop is in an industrial area so wouldn't be too good of a spot for a museum!!!! This was one of the personal moments for me on this trip. Well...that and meeting Cecil too!!!!:roll :roll

Cripes....can't get my pictures to load:evil :bang :bang I'll post this and then try again to attach the pictures!!

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
pictures

Here are some pictures. I have 2 more but they are too big to post. I'll try something else!!

Attachments

• haydenshop3.jpg
    haydenshop3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 138
  • haydenshop4.jpg
    haydenshop4.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 161
  • haydenshop5.jpg
    haydenshop5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 135

No409

Supporting Member 1
y`all need to come up to the north east and see the 09 stuff hidden up here( along with all the other gm muscle)

Speed

Supporting Member 1
I'm glad you spent time with Tom Phil......
BTW/ York was incredible
3 Z-11's next to each other........Terry Prince was there too.

Glad your trip is going well.
Hayden is the man!

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Hey Phil
I saw Hayden this past Friday evening , at a local cruise in
He and another friend of mine showed up in the other guys blazer
Hayden invited me to come to Odessa in Oct. for a big Bar B Q at another friend 's
shop ( you know this guy also ) ( Delmar )
Hayden can tell so many stories from the past, I sure wish he would set down and let someone interview him It,s amazing what he can remember
talk to you later
:cheers
Roger