Holley 409 EFI set up

Daddys409Belair

Supporting Member 1
Your link doesn't work

Rat-

Tried the above link - it was no good. I took the holley number from the link (Hly-9901-204) and all I came up with was a aluminum intake for aftermarket or tall deck Mark IV big blocks, not like our W motors. :doh

Check your link and repost if this is wrong. I was unaware of ANY aftermarket companies manufacturing EFI systems for the '09 blocks; be we can hope! :clap

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
409 Efi

There was a Chevy Suburban at National Trails with a 409 and EFI Fuel Injection. Was about a 63-65 model. Was towing a 61 409. I'll see if I can get in touch with him and get you some info. It is not a factory setup. He did it himself. Computer and all. Really neat looking.

Fred

ratkiller

Guys, thank you for the input and the link. :coffee:

So thinking that it was "too good" to be true I called Holley direct:scratch Ricky there confirmed that Summit made a mistake (probably missplaced the sku on a sbc 409 set up) and that "all" holley intakes are only set up for conventional chevy sbc or bbc heads:doh He said that the only way they'd be able to do a bolt on EFI for our W's is with a TBI carb and said that the 4x2 setup does work great :bang http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=534-122 He did say their EFI adaption kit can be weld to a 409 intake, drilled for the injectors, fule rails etc. and bolt on a 4bbl throttle body :brow

Sounds like a lot of work though when a pair of double pumers work more than "just fine".

Any thoughts, do you guys think it's worth the time to set up port injectors and put an ECU in the glovebox?
http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=9900-173

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
After doing some carb tuning with an air fuel ratio meter you can see how modern EFI cars with computer controlled fuel curves give good power and economy. You can't feel the difference between a too rich 11.0 and a too lean 16.0 ratio. Then you have to tune each carb circuit for the correct ratio. It's alot of work there with a single carb.

A well designed EFI unit can do this easier. You are going to drop an easy $3000 for a good controller, wide band sensor and injector setup.