hyraulic clutch in a 26 impala

rconnors

The hydraulic clutch sold with the tremec 5 speed trans will only work on the tremec and muncies according to tech guy at Keislers...I have super T-10 and would like to use this setup...anybody done it with one of these trans?

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I've never seen a '26 Impala 5 speed. Could you possibly find a picture for us ? ( Just Kidding ):cheers

S

Swiss Impala

You say there is a hydraulic clutch on the market that would fit on
the original 4 speed transmission of my '64 SS 409?:?
Where can I get more information? :pray
Thank you for your help,

Franz

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
maybe I'll get some backwards instructions on how to install a hydraulic clutch!
All joking a side. It should not be that hard to modify any hydro kit you may have or can purchase. you need to fab up the mounting bracket and get the throw distance correct. Everything above the slave cylinder should be the same as any firewall mounted unit. good luck and let us know how you make out with it...

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Boy am I out of touch. I've never seen these before.....

I was going to post about a hydraulic throwout in lieu of the whole slave cylinder deal. Completely enclosed in the bell housing. Obviously still need a master cylinder for the clutch pedal though.

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
You might want to check with Howe and RAM, as well. I suspect they also have hydraulic throwout bearings that will work with the T-10.