It's time for a new junk race engine

425/409ER

Well Known Member
My buddies all laugh at me but I just love tossing crap together to see what it will do. Now I have the parts to build a 12:1 355 for some more fun after getting a deal on some Icon pistons and H-beam rods this paste weekend, so here's the plan.

I have a .030 350 block that used to be a 383 so I think the clearance for the rods is good, it does few bad scratches in a couple of bores, but what the heck.
1182 ID Corvette Forged steel crank std.
12:1 pistons and H-beam rods as mentioned earlier
I will use a set of Aluminum head that I am going to port up with the 2.02 and 1.6 valves
May use the current roller cam that was in the pump gas engine .600 lift with 250 duration at .050 on a 108 but would be happier with a 106 lca cam (I like the extra torque)
Several intakes from wild single planes to great ported dual plane intakes
Up to 1000 carbs and possibly a Dominator
1 3/4" Hooker S/C headers
Kick out oil pan or my Ed Hamburger oil pan

I will get some good rings and bearings for this and let'er buck at the track. Should spin 7500 pretty easy and I will have less than 2K into this project. I love building junk:laughing

Michelangelo

Sounds like fun, so why not give it a shot. Might just be the pic, but that second ring looked to have Mucho end gap?

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Got some parts coming for these Junk race engines. The 1st one will get a set of Dart 49cc heads but I may do a soft chamber porting job on them so they will come in at around 52cc. Got some really old and odd stuff to test, who knows might be a surprise or two in there when testing.