License Tag Light Housing,HELP !!!

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok guys,as I try to clean up my garage of some of the old stuff that been laying around for years.Here's another one.Its a license tag light housing,NOS never installed.Only markings is "Guide LIHT 61".The base is oval shaped,long portion of the oval measures 2 5/8",the narrow portion of the oval base measures 1 3/4",the heighth measures 3 1/4".I kinda think its for early model cars(maybe 1946-1950 Chevy,Old,Pontiac,Buick,Cadillac,or Possibly late 40's early 50's Ford or Mercury). If anyone has an early Guide Catalog for lights and housings that could look this up,I'd appreciate.I'd like to list this on E-Bay,I know someone out must need this part.BOB,By the way thank you for creating this section on the sight,great idea!!!!! Thanks John

Attachments

• abdd 053.jpg
    abdd 053.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 53
  • abdd 054.jpg
    abdd 054.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 43
  • abdd 055.jpg
    abdd 055.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 54
  • abdd 052.jpg
    abdd 052.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 53

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Hey John, Looking at that lamp makes me think it might be for a '49/'50 Chev or GMC suburban with the split tailgate. It's a thought:dunno Butch

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Butch,thought maybe early Chevy,but a friend told me they're not as big as this.Could possibly be a Suburban though.My friend that gave it to me years ago,Dad had a repair shop that did a lot of truck work.Hoping to get someone with a Guide Cataolog to cross referenence the number.John