Loaded up and waiting........

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Loaded the 62 today in prep for the painter being ready soon. It also gives me more garage space as I want to keep my new Featherlite trailer inside for now.

Re-assy1-17-10004.jpg

Re-assy1-17-10007.jpg

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Trailer specs

Kevin:

Glad to see your progress! I bet after all that effort you will be happy to see it go away for a while :). What do you have on the bare metal surfaces to keep it from oxidizing?

And that trailer looks really special. Might I ask it's specs, like length, weight, capacity, maybe cost if you wish to share?

Good luck in the Next Phase! If you get the itch to fabricate some more parts, I've got plenty of candidates :).

Cheers!

TomK

Jim409_Pontiac

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The car is looking great so far. :clap Keep us up to date with the build. I love the trailer too. I noticed one went for a good price on eBay recently. Wish I could afford one, then I could pull the Pontiac with the 62 convertible.:cool:

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I bought the trailer from American Trailers LLC in Mineral Wells, West Virginia and it was an Ebay buy. It is a 2010 Featherlite 3110 model. Trailer lists for around 8K but they had a no reserve auction with a buy it now of 5295.00 It got close to the buy it now, so I did. It is a 17'6" with the larger 9600# GVW torque flex axles. 79" between fenders. Removeable fenders. Really nice all aluminum trailer. I bought it planning on getting it shipped to me in Maine for either 480.00 or I could go get it for 300.00 in gas and 1500 miles round trip. Funny thing is when I called them after the auction ended, he said one of the guys in the yard had sold it tthat day by mistake. He offered me a 20 ft. for the same money or get the 20 to use, and when a replacement 17'6" one came in, he would send a guy up to swap it out. If he was willing to send a guy up to swap it out free of charge, I proposed me waiting for the replacement and he would ship it to me for free? He said no problem, I can do that, so 4 weeks later I got the new 17'6" one delivered for nothing. They do make a 7K GVW for about 500.00 less.

Re-assy1-17-10002.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Kevin:
I have some experience with that model Featherlite and have a question. Do you have a "system" for attaching and hooking up axle straps to the rear axle of our cars that are stock height?? Or do you have a lightweight helper!!!
robert

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I was able to reach the rear end tube O.K. I had a little more air in the rear bags though. I can easily raise and lower with air.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
This is another 62, that I can't wait, till it's finished.:clap:clap Brian Thompson's car turned out like a jewel. This car should, as well.:clap:bow

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Found out tonight it's still going to be awhile. There is a stubborn 70 or so Mustang that isn't cooperating and is holding me up.