Mailbox for the Manshed

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I think it was Carmine (Nick) who posted a wintery picture of a "W" mailbox in a rural setting, and it got me to thinking. I need a new mailbox for the "Manshed" project, and since it's about automobilia, something special ought to be considered.

So I started with the most whipped-out block I have (early 1957 rope block with four bad holes), a set of cracked low perf 379 heads, and a cracked cast iron intake off of a 250 horse 348. Added an old conventional mailbox up top.
STB_5683.JPG

I'm thinking paint the now red Chinese cradle black, set it in concrete and level it in the ground, then mount the mocked up engine/mailbox to that. Set it out by the driveway near the entrance to the building :).

I'll need to experiment with waterproofing the overall fixture, and colors to make it stand out, suggestions welcomed :) :) :).

TomK

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Looks Kool.:clapWill have to raise it up, higher. 42 to 45 inches.:rolleyes

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Put an old carb on it and use the mailbox as an air cleaner. Maybe a small set of headers and a propane hookup for toasting marshmallows and hotdogs when you have company?

Then all you need is a beer keg shaped like the oil pan with a tap off the back?:drunk:drinking:dj