My '63 gets some lovin'

bobs409

Administrator
Well, the time has come to pack up my tools for the winter on the '63. I moved her into the old garage I like to call the "black hole". (no windows, dirt floor and lots of junk!)

On a good note (for the car, not me) I just spent $2,376 dollars on new sheetmetal today! :eek: I went shopping and got carried away. :D

I went to a place 35 miles north of me that sells GM parts (Northeast Chevelle) While I paid a little more on some parts, I won't have to pay ANY shipping, more important, TRUCK SHIPPING which all of these parts would have to be sent by. That makes this method cheaper in the long run and I can inspect all parts before I take them. :deal

My shopping list:

Left full quarter $424.95
Right full quarter $424.95
upper trunk floor with braces $424.95
left door skin $279.00
right door skin $279.00
rear body brace $94.95
outer trunk floor $109.00

I also got 4 door skins for my trucks. 2 for the 69 Stepside and 2 for my 71 Cheyenne at $84.95 each.

Now, where's spring? :D :p

100_5763.jpg

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Picked up some of the parts today. I am very impressed with the quality of these Dynacorn parts! They look factory!

I got the RH full quarter, upper trunk floor, lower trunk floor surround and rear body brace.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the box mount braces and cover plates come with the upper trunk floor. I didn't know they did. Now, I have to sell the ones I already bought. Here's a few pics of everything.

100_5844.jpg 100_5845.jpg 100_5849.jpg 100_5848.jpg 100_5847.jpg

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Now, here's an example of Dynacorn (taiwan) and American made parts:

The black are Dynacorn, the others American (no name) Which of these look like they were made in 10th grade shop class?

100_5853.jpg 100_5854.jpg

Last edited:

bobs409

Administrator
Yeh, they look great! Everything so far that is made by Dynacorn looks spot on factory to me! The metal feels thick as original too.

I'm really starting to wish I didn't put the car away now. :cry Going to be a long winter. :grumble:

Brian Thompson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob-

It's not even cold out yet! Pull it back out and get to work!!!!!! As far as heat, go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a blow heater. It will definitely heat up your garage.