need help deciding

chuckl

Well Known Member
14 seconds can be had,put a four speed in first, gear it, then mod the 283 and show them how it cruises. look around for the parts for a 348 or 409.switch when ready..keep it running until the switch.
Ditto! Keep it running and enjoy it while you are getting the W motor ready. Ask a lot of questions. There is an amazing amount of experience hanging around this site. If it can be done, someone here has done it or gonna do it.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Aubrey makes a good point about the Super T10 over the Muncie. My 4 speeds are muncies just because that happens to be what I ended up with, but since you are starting from scratch......the Super T10 is a little stronger than the Muncie and parts are easy to get for them. You can probably pick one up a little cheaper than the Muncie too.
Plus, the Muncie was introduced in 1963, about 11 years before the Super T-10 came out meaning they were beat on hard during the muscle car glory days . Most of those old muncies have been beat to death. I know I busted up quite a few.