New 62 409 Kid

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Your not too young.......I'm too old to not be enjoying such a fantastic ride.Welcome to the site........

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Young and old is mostly a state of mind, not a matter of how many years you have been alive. I know many, many people that don't act their age....I'm one of them!
:brow

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Nice ride! Your never too young. Ive had mine since I was a junior in high school and nobody's ever told me that

Vin Raimo

IMG_5830.JPG IMG_5279.JPG
Nice 62 Vin, is that wagoneer your winter ride?
64chevydude, Yesterday at 9:03 PM Report

Thanks everyone! Nice group. The Wagoneer? The wagoner is my driver. I have two, actually. The woodgrain is the family truckster and the other is a 4 speed (one of 7 factory mated to the 360) beach wagon.
IMG_5830.JPG IMG_5279.JPG

I guess that's enough MOPAR for this forum. Back to the 409...

My dad, brother, and I had built many cars together. Fords, Chevy's, Mopar, even Toyotas! We learned volumes from my dad but unfortunately for us he was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer two years ago. It was time to set out to buy his dream car. Enter the '62 409. We bought it completely restored and had a blast in it for the last year of his life. He passed away in March of this year. I love the car for lots of reasons but not sure I can do it justice. I hardly drive it so not sure if I can keep it. I live on Nantucket Island and '62 409's absolutely HATE cobblestones! I've listed it for sale in a few places over the past few weeks with some interest but none seeming serious.
I see where I can list it on your website and will do so if I get serious about it. Sentimental value is strong.
She is correct to her VIN codes with the exception of SS badging. All under the hood characteristics indicate that she is a genuine 409 car and I was assured this by her restorer and person I bought her from.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
-Vin