New old school.

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
Hello everyone,
Just found this site, impressed by all the knowledge shared and the spirit which it is given by the members. I have a 58 Impala 348 tri original motor with TH350 for a transmission. I have had it since 73, sold it once , bought it back a couple years later. I have driven it all year long since I bought it. Doesnt matter if there is a blizzard outside ,25 deg below, or summer heat and storms. Just a way of life . Actually its been pretty cheap to drive. Collector plates, now I am 56 yrs old, cheap insurance, and can fix everything myself except for the cam problem I will ask for help in the 348-409 engine discussion room. look forward to hearing from you guys and any ladies out there in W land. Dave from Apple Valley Mn

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Welcome Dave! You're right, this is actually the board on the net because of the people. You'll love it here.

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Dick. Next task is to post a photo of my 58 , while I ponder yanking out the new cam for one like I had all these years. I have the catalog from Show Cars from here in Mn, what to choose!

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, Save yourself some trouble and ask CDNpontiac409guy for some assistance in selecting your camshaft. He will provide a good performance cam without going too big. I'm sure he wont mind giving you a hand.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Thanks Dick. Next task is to post a photo of my 58 , while I ponder yanking out the new cam for one like I had all these years. I have the catalog from Show Cars from here in Mn, what to choose!

Hi and welcome to the site. Yes, trust Ronnie's advice on that question. I am trying to figure how to get a whole motor to him. Maybe until I wait for Cecil's next year trip I can get him to transport the motor to Canada:D .
Robert

starsailing1

Supporting Member 1
Thanks guys, I found a local guy in Mpls, Jody Anderson, that has ton of used and NOS stock. Going to pick through his stuff this week and see what I can use.