No power to car

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
Hi all. Have an electrical problem. I finally threw a battery in the 63 today to attempt to start for the first time since 1981. all new forward harnesses, well Everything under the hood is new. There is no power anywhere to the car. Have power at the starter, but nowhere else. I break out the manual and it shows a 12awg Blue wire from the battery, to the top post of the relay on the core support. My harness does not have it. I ran a jumper wire from batt to the relay and I have voltages everywhere I tested and the engine cranked over.20231117_142451.jpg20231117_142553.jpg
I presume that I have to add it now, and most have been missed when they made my wire harness. If this is the case, is it ran between the radiator and core support along with the other harness already there?
Thanks, I'll add a picture of it.

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Good job! You are on the right track that wire does follow the harness and goes in the clips along the radiator support.

Attachments

• C591EE95-E29C-4271-A59C-0600E0908B0F.jpeg
    C591EE95-E29C-4271-A59C-0600E0908B0F.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
Good job! You are on the right track that wire does follow the harness and goes in the clips along the radiator support.
Thank you! I wonder if they forgot to include the wire in the harness, or just what I'm doing by adding it.

Reactions: 327

NCPOP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Your new harness just like the old harness will tie in either at the regulator or the horn relay where the lead that you added terminates. ( I can’t remember). The Harness has that wire and it plugs in at the bulkhead closest to the left fender and feeds that side of the fuse panel hot. As I write this I realize that I am describing a 61 and I am not sure if the 63 is the same.

Last edited:

Gliderider06

Well Known Member
Your new harness just like the old harness will tie in either at the regulator or the horn relay where the lead that you added terminates. ( I can’t remember). The Harness has that wire and it plugs in at the bulkhead closest to the left fender and feeds that side of the fuse panel hot. As I write this I realize that I am describing a 61 and I am not sure if the 63 is the same.
I didn't have much of the old harness when I got it. Yes, it feeds to the horn relay then to the fuse panel. I looked at pictures of my old 61 and I see 2 wires from the POS cable, in front of the radiator, which I assume went to the alternator and the other I couldn't completely trace.
I will run a new permanent wire tomorrow and be done with it.
Thank you!
Paul