Nova Gasser

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
:yup I’m sure old Double Nuts will be there again too, :laugh2he was there last time James and I were there and he broke Pats Z-11 car.:confused:doh
Ok, I have to come to old "Double Nut's" defense here.
In Naval Aviation the Squadron Commanding Officer's aircraft was known as "Double Nuts" because it always had the last two digits of the aircraft side number as zero zero. Out of 50 aircraft assigned to the squadron (700-750) he got number one. Here's an example of my old squadron Co's aircraft 700 and his command car 700A in 1974. Double Nuts is a symbol of honor and respect so here's your chance and don't blow it Phil.
VT-27 Double Nuts The Skippers Rides.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
:yupCecil, I have nothing but respect for old double nuts! I mean after all he’s over 3/4 of a century old and I was taught to respect my elders!:rules Besides that he has been good to me! He even bought lunch last time he was here with Candy visiting.:D

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sometime I'll have to get the whole story, over the last 1-1/2 years I've been trying to piece it together, Lol. Its been fun trying to read in-between the lines.
I think it will be OK now though Steve, I think Pat put one of those “look but don’t touch” signs on the windshield.:roll:laugh After all sometimes all you have to do is start them up to blow a hole through the timing chain cover.:dunno:poke Phil this is the karma for taking me off of your Christmas card list more than once last year.:taunt:D:cool:

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ok, I have to come to old "Double Nut's" defense here.
In Naval Aviation the Squadron Commanding Officer's aircraft was known as "Double Nuts" because it always had the last two digits of the aircraft side number as zero zero. Out of 50 aircraft assigned to the squadron (700-750) he got number one. Here's an example of my old squadron Co's aircraft 700 and his command car 700A in 1974. Double Nuts is a symbol of honor and respect so here's your chance and don't blow it Phil.
View attachment 92206
Thanks Dad!!!!!!!