NSCA US 131 MotorSports Park

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I e-mailed Fred and he's healthy to attend the next NSCA event.The next event will be Sept 8-9-10 in Martin Michigan and I will be the reporter and Camara man for this 409 event.The members that are Racing are Fred,Denny,Gerry,Bob Walla and maybe Shan Dalley.Me and Sue are looking foward to watching these great members Race,anyone else :dunno

Here's a link to the schedule of events.

http://us131motorsportspark.com/news_detail.asp?news=71

Quickshift409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
NSCA race

Jim,unfortunately I am working on Sunday and until 3:00 on Friday but I sure hope to be there Saturday. Looking forward to seeing Fred,Denny,and Gerry.
By the way Jim I think you should drive the 57, it's real close to home.
QS409

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Quickshift409 said:
Jim,unfortunately I am working on Sunday and until 3:00 on Friday but I sure hope to be there Saturday. Looking forward to seeing Fred,Denny,and Gerry.
By the way Jim I think you should drive the 57, it's real close to home.
QS409

Shan,I live 33 miles from Martin and I will be driving 57.I hope they let me park on the pit side :dunno

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
JimKwiatkowski said:
Shan,I live 33 miles from Martin and I will be driving 57.I hope they let me park on the pit side :dunno

Jim,
Tell Lisa you're crewing for the Hillside team. Then come on over and look us up.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dick MacKenzie said:
Jim,
Tell Lisa you're crewing for the Hillside team. Then come on over and look us up.

Dick Welcome aboard,that is one long drive from Bear DE.Thanks for the offer,but I'll be pitting with 409 club members.I'll be sure to look you up and have a safe trip.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
JimKwiatkowski said:
Dick Welcome aboard,that is one long drive from Bear DE.Thanks for the offer,but I'll be pitting with 409 club members.I'll be sure to look you up and have a safe trip.

Thanks Jim. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys as well.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good luck to our members who are attending the NSCA race this weekend. Hope you guys bring home the gold. :cheers

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Saturday's Qualifying

Today was Qualifying and it was cool and overcast,perfect dragracing weather.We had 4 members racing Fred,Denny Gerry and Bob Walla but he broke twice :doh Here's a few photos.

1.Fred
2.Denny
3.Gerry
4.Fred's new back up hot rod
5.Ray showed up with a new paint job

Attachments

• Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 058.jpg
    Picture 058.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 065.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 78
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 103

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
"ol Reliable"

We got to meet our new member,Dick MacKenzie a real nice Guy and his cousin owns The 62 Chevy "OL RELIABLE.Here's some photos

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 110.jpg
    Picture 110.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 98

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
All of our members look great as usual, looks like ole Fred is pulling them out of the water real good. :beerbang

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
yeah they all look good!!. Maybe their times could be posted... Nice shot of Ray's new "yellow" with alot of air under the left front tire. i wish I could have been there.

JimKwiatkowski

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Rained Out

Denny was TQ and got a bye,Fred and Gerry won in the first round.The race was called because of rain.The race will run at the next NSCA event.

rstreet,I was kidding that isn't Fatride's 60.

Here's a photo from yesterdays Qualifying I like,I wish I would have zoomed it in

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
The best picture.

Seeing the pics makes me really wish I could have been there. That pic of Fred and Denny coming off the line with the wheels up is a classic that should be incorperated into the web site somehow! Great picture Jim. :clap

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
GEZZZZ,,, AFTER SEEING ALL YOU GREAT RACERS AND YOUR CARS WHEELS UP MAKES ME WANNA PUT IN THE 6:40`S MY FRIEND HAS AND HIT THE 8`TH MILE,,,,,, WHEELS UP !!!!:brow :D

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Jim for the great pictures. I agree with Ray, the pic. of Fred and Denny is truly something special.

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Nice picture

Jim I agree that is a nice picture of Fred and Denny coming off the line together. Have you tried to trim it out and enlarge it? You have all that fancy picture stuff. It would look nice on the forum home page.

DIV1RACER-2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Just got home @ 12:20 Am , 454 miles in 8 hrs. Had to get on the site & see what was happening :brow

Jim as always took a bunch of great pictures , Was good to see him and to meet his brother Mel < Shan came on Sat and we had a good time visiting & shooting the BULL ! Jim's 57 is really cool @ better in person than pictures.

Every body's cars were running well w/ no problems except Bob Walla broke a driveshaft. { weak parts must go }

Thanks to NSCA for making a timley decision and cancelling the race early , instead of waiting till 6 or 7 o'clock , allowed us to get home in time to get to some rest.

Any of you members that are close to National Trail should consider coming for the final race of the year of NSCA , this race is always bigger than the rest , the finals of US 131 & all the 409 members , We have are own little section . :dunno :dunno

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Qualifying at Martin, Michign

Qualifying for Nostalgia Super Stock.
Note, Denny Ford at the top of the list. Number one qualifyer.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:37 pm Post subject: Final Qualifying Nostalgia Super Stock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Denny Ford 10.75 10.7579 123.56
2 Steve Beauchamp 10.50 10.5111 126.35
3 Joe Cochran 10.25 10.2651 118.70
4 Stephanie Dimino 9.50 9.5199 136.19
5 Scotty Jiles 10.50 10.5209 127.10
6 Jack Nelson 10.25 10.2879 130.10
7 Rick Nobach 11.25 11.2991 119.72
8 John Dimino 9.50 9.5503 132.34
9 Leo Sekulski 10.25 10.3059 129.37
10 Fred Totten 11.75 11.8159 110.80
11 Brian Merrick 10.50 10.5660 126.46
12 Jim Whipple 10.00 10.0751 133.14
13 Ed Youmans 9.00 9.1030 146.12
14 Gerry Gostenik 11.25 11.4352 118.06
15 Geary Bates 10.75 10.9733 121.15
16 Frank Pellegrini 8.75 22.3610 31.24
17 Jay Zolko 9.50 9.4180 139.29

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Picture is deceiving !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimKwiatkowski said:
Denny was TQ and got a bye,Fred and Gerry won in the first round.The race was called because of rain.The race will run at the next NSCA event.

rstreet,I was kidding that isn't Fatride's 60.

Here's a photo from yesterdays Qualifying I like,I wish I would have zoomed it in

Just a quick note. In this picture that Jim took, both cars have the wheels up and are leaving at near the same time. Denny had me by a few thousandths on the tree. But, after this picture, all I saw was his darned tail lights. And, they disappeared pretty fast.

Note the guy in the red shirt behind the cars. That's Bo Martin, Bomar on here. What a guy. Takes care of two cars between rounds, goes to the line with both of us. You can never know what all he has done for me. He and Denny have been friends for years. I've known him for one year or a little more. He and Denny have been a real lift in my life. There are others on here, too. But they have gone past what a friend would do. A very public THANKS to them both.

This forum has been responsible for me making many friends. Thanks to Bob, too.

Jim K. ought to go into track photography. What pictures he took. I have several he has taken. It is hard to try to figure which to frame and put on my wall. He has the knack.

Like Denny said, you need to come to Columbus for the NSCA race the 29th through October first. We have our own area for 409 guys. We have one new member we met this weekend. Dick McKenzie and Jim McKenzie, with the Old Reliable 62 Bel Aire. Very nice people. And, Rusty Symmes with a Black 62 Bel Aire. Both of them run Pro Nostalgia. Rusty's car is an aluminum headed 409 engine and a 4 speed. He is turning low 9.0s. I think McKenzie was in the high 8s. He has a BBC and an auto tranny.

If you like drag racing, and you like 409s, Columbus is the place to be for the next race. Those within driving distance ought to think hard about coming to that race. The rain shut us down at Martin, and that race will be finished at Columbus, plus the Columbus race itself. I've been told that I have Denny in the next round. We will see if he respects his elders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!