Paint/colors

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Was browsing the internet this morning and saw a posting of trying to identify pics of cars from the 50's. I think there were maybe 25-30 pics. Looking at them, reminded me of how beautiful the car colors were back then and the styling so different from each other. All of the big 3 manufacturers had colors that were outstanding. Just beautiful solids and two tone colors. You could almost tell the make and year of the car by it's color. I am so glad I got to see them first hand. At some of the bigger shows I attend, I can relive some of those moments.
What do you have today?? Take a look at some of the dealer lots as you pass by. As probably many do, I have a lot of dealerships in my area. Black. White. Silver. It appears, that's your common core. Occasional red, blue maybe a green. And, I can't tell a Toyota, from a Honda, from a Nissan, from a Subaru, and quite honestly, I could care less. Times have certainly changed. In some area's, not for the better, at least not for me, Carmine.

3483x2

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A good friend of my father's spouse long ago once said as I drove my 58 Impala conv to their residence.
"You won't have any trouble finding that car in a parking lot" What a wise old women I said to myself.

First pic, first restoration displayed in Newport RI. Second, what I'm working on now when I first bought it.

Attachments

• 58 Bel Air.jpg
    58 Bel Air.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 58 Conv.jpg
    58 Conv.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
WOW, a '58 Impala convertible. Beautiful car. I bet a joy to drive. I kid in my neighborhood lived a privileged life and his parents bought him one. Black with a white convertible top. Have to admit that I was envious, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Crocus Yellow Tint Of Green
And Laurel Green
56 Chevy with a 58 348,
I hope to finish soon and drive it all I can. Hope you enjoy the color choice, a true trifive color from back in the day.
They are beautiful colors. You'll have a lot of fun with that 348 in ur '56. I put a 348/434 in my '56 straight axle gasser wagon. A lot of torque and power. Get ready to answer many questions when they see those valve covers and ask what engine is that?? All part of the fun. Best wishes with the completion, Carmine.