Posting Pictures of My Impala,Winter is Boring

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Guys,sitting around the house hating this darn cold weather.I've been really bored,tired playing with the dog,tired of putting up Christmas Decorations,Just wish it were spring already.I had more time on my hands,so I decided to post some pictures of My 64' Chevy Impala.Pictures are not in order,there are some rebuild pictures there and car show pictures there.If you have nothing to do take 15 minutes out and take a look. Enjoy John

PS-Just click on the link below: And by the way Check Out Page #8 (2 Old farts at the drag strip),Yep thats Non-other than Dick MacKenzie and Me.He's the guy on the left thats looks pretty safisticated.Alan was there that day racing that mean Blue 62' of his,also Bob Walker was there also.I should have taken their pictures as well,but didn't.Must have forgotten,had to be one of those darn "SENIOR MOMENTS".

http://community.webshots.com/user/paintjohn1

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
looks great, i had no idea it had gotten that bad. guess i didnt bother to bring my red 63SS425 hardtop the day i met you and Dick at capitol. mine was really, really bad as well. have some pics in the trunk. tried to sell it about 1991. nobody wanted it. just the engine. got busy restoring in 1994 and it took till 2001 but well worth it now. congrats.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Enjoyed the pictures John. Nice Ride!!! I hate it this time of the year also. The wind is wild tonight coming off the sound and river. I'm tucked in unless an emergency somewhere occurs
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Great pics John (with the obvious exception of page 8 :roll ) I really like the progress shots of the car.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert,next year Dick ,Alan,Bob and I need to get you up to Capitol Raceway for that Nostalgia Event.Your car would do extremely well in the show.They love "W" blocks there. John

PS I also posted Ocean City Dates on the Event Schedule Today,you might check that out.Have to get Dick down to the beach.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I should be able to get to the winter Ocean city show. Last year they split us up due to a booking problem with a religious convention. They assured us it would be back to the old schedule this year. I had hoped to make it to Capital but had too many home things. I hope things will get settled down here by the OC show time even though it hasn't yet.
Robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I should be able to get to the winter Ocean city show. Last year they split us up due to a booking problem with a religious convention. They assured us it would be back to the old schedule this year. I had hoped to make it to Capital but had too many home things. I hope things will get settled down here by the OC show time even though it hasn't yet.
Robert

Don't they know we worship 348s & 409s?

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Hey Robert when is this winter show in OC?

Usually the show is the same weekend as the Daytona 500 in Feb. And usually we have snow around that date to salt things up. Last year they had a second show the first weekend in March. The first show was "classics" and the second was "rods and Customs" No one was happy and it was supposed to go back to the original one big show. Are you going to come down...Usually I am one of the only W's in the show:D :D
Robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert,I posted both Winter Ocean City Show Dates in the "Event Section" above. John

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Robert and Vin 58,I posted both Winter Ocean City Show Dates in the "Event Section" above. John

vin 58

Supporting Member 1
John, Thanks for posting the dates anyhow it looks like the may show would be a good one as well as the endless summer weekend in Oct. Vin

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Vin,the May show is the biggie.There will be about 15,000 cars there overall.Car shows go on all week from Thursday on.All the restaurants,bars,shopping centers and businesses have shows all the time.If the weather is warm,there will be 20,000 people on Ocean Hiway in lawn chairs on Friday and Saturday nights to the wee hours of the night.Cars are cruising everywhere,I'm sure Robert will vouch for this. Don't miss this one,if you go make sure you get reservations early,the hotels sell out,and the inlet show limits the cars to 3,000. Last Spring they announced there were more people in OC for that weekend than they had for the previous years Memorial Day. John

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
John, Thanks for posting the dates anyhow it looks like the may show would be a good one as well as the endless summer weekend in Oct. Vin
Vin if you do the May show bring your rubber bumpers and side body protection as I don't know how they can get another vehicle on that place. It's an unreal thing. I haven't taken a car there for a few years. I have some aerial pictures from last year. Paint John is very correct about making reservations. You can stay in Salisbury if you can't get a place at the beach but then you run into the traffic issues trying to get on the island:bang :bang I know some of the owners of a couple of independent motels on the beach and don't mind trying to help you get a place.
Robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Talk about winter being boaring,the last 2 weeks has been quite interesting.The temperature has been bouncing from the teens to the seventies the last two week.On Saturday the 29th December it was so nice,got my Chevy out and put about 70 miles on her.There were classic cars driving around everywhere,Last Saturday,little chilly but a beautiful clear day ,I decided to take my 73 Corvette out.Again I drove about 70 miles having a great time.Then again yesterday(Monday7th) the temperature hit 70 in Baltimore area,I decided to get the Impala out again and take another nice drive.IF THIS IS GLOBAL WARMING,I SURE CAN DEAL WITH IT!!! Oh yeah,by the way its forcasted again to hit 70 degrees and clear today(DARN I WISH I WAS OFF). Good news so far we've had no snow at all!!! Better news yet,THERE IS ONLY 73 DAYS TO SPRING and 61 DAYS TO DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!!! Think SPRING!!! JOHN

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey John

I notice it says original owner. What happened to the orig fan shroud. Appears to be 62 SBC. Was the car 409/425 new? I just love the 64 converts, I have had 2 of them. Yours looks great.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fan shroud is not a SBC,fan shroud is a 4" shroud.Car was stolen in 69',original drivetrain was severly damaged.Motor is not a matching number,has been replaced. John