power brake booster

1959wright

I have a 1959 elcamino I am putting a 348 tripower with finned moon valve covers in. I am wanting to put in power disc brakes and need to know who has done this and what company you may have used with good results. I would like to use the largest booster that will fit. 7 , 8, 9 inch? I have heard that someone makes an offset bracket for the boster and master cylinder for extra cleareance?

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
booster

Engineered Components, Inc. makes a bracket that moves booster over 2 inches and up 1 inch for 55 thru 61 Chevys. See www.ecihotrodbrakes.com

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

1959wright

did you use this company? what size booster did you use? How much clearence do you have? and what valve covers are you using? thanks

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
booster

A friend put one on his 62-409 that had Offy Valve covers and it worked great.

W Head

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
W Head,, I`ve looked on that site and can`t find it :dunno

Could you go to the page and post it? Thanks,, dq

1959wright

Do you know or can you find out what size booster he is using? 7,8,9in? thanks I want to use the largest size that will fit.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
1959wright said:
Do you know or can you find out what size booster he is using? 7,8,9in? thanks I want to use the largest size that will fit.

Larger doesn`t necessarily mean more boost. You can find smaller ones that give the same boost as the larger ones.

You could call "Booster Dewey" here in Portland and I`m sure he can help,,,,
503-238-8882, OR ,,,dq

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
booster

I can't find it, but they do have it. It is a 9" booster Kit $395.00 or just the bracket assembly is $175.00 to (move the booster up and over) This is what my buddy paid. You may have to give them a call--860 872-7046

W Head

59 El Camino 348 - 3,2s
59 Impala 409 - 2,4s