Project with my Grandson

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well we got the wheels cleaned up and the tires mounted for the Buick...

CIMG4150.jpg

CIMG4149.jpg

Finally a rolling chassis....
CIMG4156.jpg

Taking her for an drive ????? Well in our imaginations...
CIMG4157.jpg

Getting them cleaned up and mounted...
CIMG4151.jpg

CIMG4153.jpg

Now on to the motor and maybe soon a driveable car.

Bill

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
That Buick is starting to come around now !!! Is you're grandson happy with the results so far ?:D

:crazy:cheers

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It's hard to tell when he is happy with most anything !!! He did call last night to see if he could come over after school to work on the cars, so that's a good thing...

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Well we haven't made any progress on the Buick lately !!!! Seems it has been sidelined by something called a "Katlan", not sure what it is, or why it sleeps until after 2 PM, but it must be warmer and fuzzier than the car !!!??? Back in "my Day" we just worked on cars !!! They (girls) didn't have any use for us and we didn't know what they were good for either ??

Bill

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Great build thread. Your Grandson will take care of and respect this car because he has put the time/sweat into it.....keep us updated ! :beer

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Times sure have changed, haven't they Bill? In the old days the girls waited till your car was done before they showed any interest! :dunno

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
After graduation in '59 I got to use my cousins turquoise & white '51 Chevy (he was in the Navy). I started cruising Frisch's and always saw this dark-haired girl in a '55 Ford convertible cruising there and wanted to talk to her so bad, but just knew she wouldn't talk to a guy in a '51. My cousin came home in late January of '60 so I had to get a car. That's when I got my turquoise & white '56 Chevy. About two weeks later this '55 Ford pulled up beside me, and this dark-haired girl ask if I went to her school, (she knew that I didn't) and that her girlfriend needed a date for a dance. I never went out with the girlfriend, but the dark-haired girl and I will be married 50 years next April! I have always razzed her that she wouldn't look at me in the '51, but the '56 got her attention! But naturally, she denies that. :no:D

Lonnie

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks Phil, we just gotta make it to April!! And we probably will IF she doesn't wring my neck before then!! :laugh

Lonnie

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Lonnie, congrats on 50 years !!!! :cheers My hats off to you for sure, Linda and I have only made it 35 !!! Can't believe she has put up with my $h1t for that long !! She's a pretty good sport !

Bill

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks fellas, but as I said we have to make it to next April for 50! Bill, Marianne would agree with putting up with the (car) $h1t! :D

Lonnie

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for the update on the thread Bill, He'll come around.......give him a nudge every now and then.

Lonnie, congrats and thanks for sharing your story, it means a lot to us younger guy's to know it's possible to keep it on the road with the shiny side up.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Remind us again next April. That will be a special day.
Is it on April 9th by any chance? Phil loves that date:D

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ron, congrats to you also, 49 or 50 that is special !!! :cheers

Bill