Question on emblem??

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well i did meet Vern in youngstown at a Late great show and he is a VALUED CONTRIBUTER. HE IS WRONG ON THIS SUBJECT. I HAD AND SOLD A 62 300HP 4 SPEED SS CAR LAST YEAR THAT WAS A 875 TRIM CODE WITH BENCH SEAT AND NO FACTORY TACH AND IT CAME THAT WAY. I BOUGHT IT FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER.
I remember reading a post from one of our members here that ordered a new 62' SS car and when it was delivered to the dealership it did not have the SS package but just a Impala so, the dealership took another SS car off the lot and switched the interior and trim to his car. There was a strike at the time and the dealership was having a hard time getting his car.

Here it is. It was Wayne. Post 11. http://www.348-409.com/forum/index.php?threads/1961-factory-optional-tachs.19121/#post-160976

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well i did meet Vern in youngstown at a Late great show and he is a VALUED CONTRIBUTER. HE IS WRONG ON THIS SUBJECT. I HAD AND SOLD A 62 300HP 4 SPEED SS CAR LAST YEAR THAT WAS A 875 TRIM CODE WITH BENCH SEAT AND NO FACTORY TACH AND IT CAME THAT WAY. I BOUGHT IT FROM THE ORIGINAL OWNER.

Dac62, being the original owner and buying it from the original owner are very different. With all due respect, I don't believe you will find many people that have been following the 61-64 Chevy cars for any length of time will buy what you are saying, without a build sheet. For quite some time, the accecpted way to spot a true 62-62 SS is by verifying the original Trim Tag code. In all the forums available, I have never seen or heard of a 62-63 SS being verified as having been shipped from the factory with a bench seat. That's not to say that one may have mistakenly made that way, but as far as being ordered equipped that way from the dealer, I don't think so. Sure would like to see some info that a car was made that way.

Poocho