Road Draft Tube ???

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ronnie:
Be nice about us members that came up thru FE F...d's. Or I won't give you a good deal on that big carb I found yesterday:roll :roll
Robert

mpris

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Show me an oil draft tube that doesn't drip oil and I'll show you an oil draft tube which isn't working. The purpose of the oil draft tube is to pull blowby, water vapor and unburned fuel from the crankcase. All of this goes out the draft tube. Even brand new cars and very well kept cars have blowby, water vapor and unburned fuel in the crankcase. It is impossible not to have some blowby. All of this mixture condenses on the draft tube walls as it goes through the tube and drips.

Poocho

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
bubbletop, from an emissions stand point the non-vented cap with a closed PCV is far superior to the road draft tube. From a performance stand point, I don't think you will see any difference, however with the road draft tube and vented cap, you will be subject to blowby out through the vent cap at high rpms. Sure can make a mess under the hood.

Poocho

I had this very same problem when my 09 first ran.
Then I added the PCV and that helpped ,, but the biggest fix was switching out the cheap breather for a good Mr. Gasket one.
never had the problem since,,dq

I should add that I think putting some miles on the fresh engine helped too,,,,