Rodchester carb jets

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Hey Guys, Where can I get new jets for my 348-3,2s. .61s is what I want. I had a source, but it dryed up.

Thanks in advance.

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

johnnyrod

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think you can get them at Vintage Speed. I need some allso. I priced them at $12.00 per set. Maybe a bit less even. John

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Jets?

Try your local Chevy dealer, you might get a surprise. If you get a counter person who knows his or her stuff. GM part #s are in Doug Roe's book on Rochester carbs.

CHEV601234

Well Known Member
You can try here:
http://www.walkerproducts.com/
But be aware that they sell to jobbers, with minumum orders. Their catalog is on line. The last order of AFB parts I received totalled $437. and it came in a box 1/2 the size of a shoe box.

I don't think your local Chevy dealer will be of much help. They don't stock Rochester part numbers, and the original Chevy part numbers for those jets are LOOOOONG since discontinued.........

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Guys, this may sound silly, but when I need jets for an AFB, and I dont have in my collection, I pull out the old "numbered drill bit set" and use dial caliper to measure and locate correct bit. Then drill the jets. Works quite well. Maybe there is a reason you are not supposed to this, but noone has told me about it. Too late now.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Drilling jets

Ronnie, you "are" OLD. That's why everyone had numbered drill sets. They say, today, it hurts them as to flow rate. I don't think I ever noticed it. Drilled many jets. Of course, in the day, you could get new jets and metering rods CHEAP. I remember drilling the jets in my 3-2bbl on my 58, but have no idea to what. Drilled AFB jets, too. Filed metering rods. Takes too much energy today. I know of one guy, on this list, that is meticulous on jetting. He figures jet area, metering rod area, subtracts the metering rod area, to get final flow number. Have seen him do it. I admire him, but wow, a lot of work. He changes metering rods to slow the car, or pick it up. He just ran 10.70s this past weekend. His car SCREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow

Fred

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Fred, 10.70s narrows the field to who you are talking about. Bet he doesnt drill jets. The reason I have drilled in the past is the time it takes to order and recieve parts. Shipping cost is more than the jets!! No doubt it affects flow rate, but it is a quick modification for a " small time, small budget, red-neck Texas shade-tree mechanic" Car went quicker, so it couldnt have been too bad an idea. Running a Holley now. UGH!! Jet changes left to my partner. I dont know anything about Holleys and I am too old to change my ways.

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Rodchester jets

Hey Guys, 409z28 turned me on to Daytona Parts (386) 427-7108. :clap (thanks 409z28) They sold me 3 sets of .61s jets for $18.00 and charged $1.50 for U S Mail postage. Mailed same day as ordered and I should have them Monday or Tuesday. Also have AFB parts. For me this beats drilling out jets.

daytona parts.com

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2-4s

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
W-Head, 409z28 always has good info. Wished I had known that info. years ago. Cant beat that kind of service!!! Good luck