SBC Hemi Heads (I kid you not)

425/409ER

Well Known Member
So a good friend of mine called and wanted to take his Street Rod to the Car show today and after staying up all night we got it going. Now this is a '39 2dr. Chevy with a 3 something SBC cube engine, but it has a real set of custom Hemi heads (really) that his Grandpa made as he was a machinist and wanted something of a, One-of-a-kind. Now to be sure when the car was cold I looked for plug wires under by the exhaust manifolds (there were none) and the plug wires do go into the top of the custom made valve covers Just like a Hemi. This is so cool, but I knew the car existed back in 2004 as I saw this and told my wife that year about this car. My new friend's Grandpa passed away a few years ago and left him the car. I still wonder if he used an existing head or made an all new head for this? It does have the Stahl pattern pipes and I wondered if he used an old SB2 head for this. Either way it's frinkin cool. I will post pictures this week after the cars show is over.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Arias makes or ((used to make?) Hemi heads for the BBC in the 70's and later for the a ford and the LSX GM. Those look like neither.
He told me his grandmother has a lot of the paperwork on the car and it's build. I hope he gets it some day. If he pulled the engine and wanted to sell it I would be the 1st on the list to get it. I do remember the Arias hemi BBC's they were pretty strong in the racing world in T/F and pull trucks.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There's a guy on F#book market place trying to sell an olds hemi. Has a picture. I know they made a few. Looked like a scam.