Setting an after market fuel gauge sender

arkyduck

Hope somebody out there has set one of these allready. I installed a set of aftermarket gauges in my 58. I have a problem with the fuel level sender. The factory unit is 0 to 30 ohms and the sender supplied with the gauges is 240 to 33 ohms. The stock tank is about 6" deep and the new sender appears to need a tank that is at least 8" deep to get a full to empty sweep on the gauge.:bang

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Im using autometer gauges in my 61
I had to contact them and get the correct ohms built into the gauge
hope this helps

roger

4kops

i think i can help you i can modify your sender to accept the 240-33.5 gauge i have done it for someone on here but don't know his screen name he is doing a 62 i believe call me 4143039450

arkyduck

fuel sender

Hi 4kops, Thanks for the offer but I cobbled up the original sender and mounted the one that came with the gauge set. It reads between 3/4 and full when the tank is full and reads empty with about 4 gallons remaining. I can live with that for now.:pray

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I haven't even gotten the original setup to read correct in my 58. It stops at mt with a couple gallons left. The sender doesn't hit the bottom of the tank. Someday i will take a gas can with me and run it out to see where the gauge reads when it quits.

Ray