Slow build 1962

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Had fun at the Onawa race and decided to do some more upgrades. Changed the front springs from the Moog 6004 to Moroso 47170 springs. The Moog springs were keeping the front up and I wasn’t getting much suspension travel. Was only getting about 3” of travel. Was told 4 or more was better. Another part of the problem with my suspension travel was the ball joint spacers hit the frame before the upper a arms stop did. I got Howe extended length ball joints to fix that and installed them when I did the springs. The first springs I tried were moroso 47195 springs which others are running successfully but the front of my car is apparently too heavy for them. With the 47170 springs the car sits almost level and now I have 4.5” of suspension travel. Also got the correct 62 rod from the pedal to the z bar in the frame so that lines up properly now. One thing I definitely need to work on is my shifting. I’m having a hell of a time breaking my old habits.View attachment 97516View attachment 97517View attachment 97518View attachment 97519
I'll work on getting the videos I have of you racing done asap. It helps to see what you are doing right and wrong while racing. Especially when you can run the video back and forth a million times.