Speed Port 7000

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
OK, I'll change my name to Dick. How long did you have to wait after paying to receive the mani?

Dr Richard Kimble

Well Known Member
I already have one that I bought last year . Personally , I think it looks better :deal than a two 4 barrel ! No clutter , simple symmetrical curves , and I like the fins on the logos. really goes with finned valve covers ( which I don't have , yet ).
good to hear that this manifold is getting out there

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
I seriously think we all need to give Aubrey a big hug for getting that manifold project off the ground and into the 409 world. I know there have been a few setbacks along the way, but I have to give Aubrey credit for sticking with the program, especially after it came off the rails several times. JMHO :hide

Dr Richard Kimble

Well Known Member
as I said , I received mine last year , about a week after I paid . He explained to me at that time , that the runner exits on that entire batch of castings , were located about .125" higher than the opening in the stock heads . Required that the port in the intake be massaged to fit , or as in the case of mine , I fit the port of my eddy heads to fit the bit of a raised runner of the intake . he said that some of the buyers chose to wait for the next castings to get done , that were to have ports exits corrected . absolutely no problem , and the slightly raised runner will likely be more efficient .
I seriously doubt that the delay getting these new castings done with the port exits corrected , was because aubrey had no desire to get it done . I think he knew his project was unravelling , and would have done anything to get it done sooner .

Randy , I would think that you were one of those guys that decided not to get one last year? weren't you?
think you forgot to mention that
delivery? you have nothing to do with this wtf is your problem? Cant' we stay positive?
quite frankly , it's a few guys here like you , that if I was in Aubrey's shoes , well , lets just say , I might have dealt with it differently

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
as I said , I received mine last year , about a week after I paid . He explained to me at that time , that the runner exits on that entire batch of castings , were located about .125" higher than the opening in the stock heads . Required that the port in the intake be massaged to fit , or as in the case of mine , I fit the port of my eddy heads to fit the bit of a raised runner of the intake . he said that some of the buyers chose to wait for the next castings to get done , that were to have ports exits corrected . absolutely no problem , and the slightly raised runner will likely be more efficient .
I seriously doubt that the delay getting these new castings done with the port exits corrected , was because aubrey had no desire to get it done . I think he knew his project was unravelling , and would have done anything to get it done sooner .

Randy , I would think that you were one of those guys that decided not to get one last year? weren't you?
think you forgot to mention that
delivery? you have nothing to do with this wtf is your problem? Cant' we stay positive?
quite frankly , it's a few guys here like you , that if I was in Aubrey's shoes , well , lets just say , I might have dealt with it differently

I'll tell you wtf my problem is, people that take advantage of others. Get it? Now stfu and stay positive.

awsumcars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I'll tell you wtf my problem is, people that take advantage of others. Get it? Now stfu and stay positive.
Do your really think Aubrey was trying to take advantage of others, or simply running into issues (working with outside sources), that one have no control over? :dunno2 I think the latter and commend him (or anyone else), that takes the initiative, time and money to provide a product that is not available for our 348-409 addictions. The bottom line, he delivered! :appl...and with that being said, I'll quote Randy "Me thinks that's all I want to say about this subject".