Suggestions for a nice shade of red

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I hate red

1965 Regal Red

wish this one was mine:cry:bang

I've had 4 reds and this is the only one I like. The 89 IROC looked orange half the time. UGLY Chevy red.

Attachments

• 65 biscayne new.jpg
    65 biscayne new.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 57

bobs409

Administrator
Ok, I found what I had in mind. Everyones monitors will be set different but here's a pic of a 2009 Mazda. (don't mind the ugly car, just look at the paint!) :D

The name is True Red and was used for a few years now. That is the shade I was looking for.

I saw a Mazda on a car lot near me with this color and it's awesome. What really showed it off was that there was an older Pontiac Grand Prix in red a few cars down from it. You could easily see the difference! This is a really bright red. Made the Pontiac look humdrum. :yawn:

I notice alot of newer cars seem to have similar bright reds like this such as the BMW I mentioned. Even the Ford Mustang has a nice shade of red although it may be a hint darker.

I won't be spraying any paint for at least a year though so plenty of time to decide yet.

Attachments

• pho_bui_ms3ssp_ext_true_red_glory.jpg
    pho_bui_ms3ssp_ext_true_red_glory.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 44

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Better get it painted before a year or you will have to paint it white to prevent global warming, Ha no more re-sale REDS.:clap Oh yeah we gotta paint our house roofs white. :eek:

Ray

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
My favorite red is 1967 Bolereo Red on the Chevelle and Camaro.

Attachments

• 67ChvlleSS.jpg
    67ChvlleSS.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 24

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Roman Red and Riverside Red. I prefer the Roman.

Don
365958589.jpg

S

Swiss Impala

I think it should be a GM red.
My suggestion: Bright red of the '90 ZR-1

Attachments

• zr1zr1.jpg
    zr1zr1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 18

SycloneJoe

I think it should be a GM red.
My suggestion: Bright red of the '90 ZR-1

Bright Red is very close to Victory Red. Torch Red is to orangy. Victory Red is a great color! I painted my '63 C10 that color.

You need to look at these three colors in person...

Bright Red = WA8774 (1992 Vette)
Torch Red = WA9075 (1993 Vette)
Victory Red = WA9260 (2005 Vette)

020509_1.jpg

37tin

Take a look at torch red , that's what I used on my 37, 92 corvette code 71, no metal flake, easy to blend, I even managed to blend the base clear halfway up the A pillar!! I'm constantly repainting some part of the truck due to road rash or??.. that's what happens when you put on 50,000 miles, regards 37tin,

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Torch red !!!:brow

Attachments

• Resize of Blazer at dragscrop.jpg
    Resize of Blazer at dragscrop.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 33

AZ409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Viper Red......I've had a couple dozen red cars and I must say the Viper Red on my 62 really stands out. Larry

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
How's this , redest resale red I've ever seen?

:crazyRay

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 25

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bob, I'll have to ask someone other than the owner cuz I asked him last year who installed his a/c and he told me it was that way when he bought it and I found out later from the guy that installed it that he had installed it for the guy. He also may have painted it. The picture has a touch of blue or purple to it but it is redredred. I'll talk to him to see if he knows.

Ray